Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 03, 2024, 08:55:04 pm

Author Topic: Best 3/4 Biology study guide?  (Read 4348 times)  Share 

psyxwar

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +81
Re: Best 3/4 Biology study guide?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:19 am »
^ I bought both a biozone and the model solution for like 5 bucks. I guess I'm just cheap...
VCE 2013-2014
MD/BMedSci 2015-2020

walkec

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 10:41:52 am »
^ I bought both a biozone and the model solution for like 5 bucks. I guess I'm just cheap...

Do you mean the Biozone workbook?

alchemy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 10:55:55 am »

I'd say you just got a good deal ;)

Do you mean the Biozone workbook?

There is only a Biozone workbook, right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:01:04 am by Sheldon Cooper »

walkec

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 11:46:07 am »
There is only a Biozone workbook, right?

I don't know, that's why I asked for clarification  :P

psyxwar

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 12:02:46 pm »
+1
Yeah the work book.
VCE 2013-2014
MD/BMedSci 2015-2020

Azula

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:50 am »
Oh then I guess thats fine :P
I'd also recommend A+ notes. They're great to read as you're travelling to school! Very summarised notes that consolidate all the topics you learn.

Hey Yacoubb, where could one purchase the A+ Bio notes? Also, googling "A+ biology results" provides a wide range of results, so are these the books you are talking about?
http://www.lilydalebooks.com.au/Products/A-BIOLOGY-NOTES-VCE-UNIT-3-5593
http://www.lilydalebooks.com.au/Products/A-BIOLOGY-NOTES-VCE-UNIT-4-5594

Thanks for the help, your assistance and presence in the bio section here is really great =)

Yacoubb

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 12:30:30 pm »
+1
Hey Yacoubb, where could one purchase the A+ Bio notes? Also, googling "A+ biology results" provides a wide range of results, so are these the books you are talking about?
http://www.lilydalebooks.com.au/Products/A-BIOLOGY-NOTES-VCE-UNIT-3-5593
http://www.lilydalebooks.com.au/Products/A-BIOLOGY-NOTES-VCE-UNIT-4-5594

Thanks for the help, your assistance and presence in the bio section here is really great =)

Yep those are the summarises notes. I purchased them from Academic and General second hand! You could also purchase the updated edition, which adheres more to the current study design.

No worries :)

MM1

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Yep those are the summarises notes. I purchased them from Academic and General second hand! You could also purchase the updated edition, which adheres more to the current study design.

No worries :)

Do you think it would be okay to use one that adheres to a previous study design? Also, would you recommend the NEAP smartstudy questions & exam guide?
Thanks heaps!

alchemy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:46 pm »
+1
Do you think it would be okay to use one that adheres to a previous study design? Also, would you recommend the NEAP smartstudy questions & exam guide?
Thanks heaps!

The new study design has cut out some of the content of the previous one. So keep that in mind when choosing your study guide. I've got Neap and I think it's quite good, despite people suggesting it isn't.

Yacoubb

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »
+1
The new study design has cut out some of the content of the previous one. So keep that in mind when choosing your study guide. I've got Neap and I think it's quite good, despite people suggesting it isn't.

I had a NEAP study guide laden with errors! Just warning you :)

Thanks heaps!

Most certainly :) I used the old editions, but did so before knowing that VCAA had taken out so many parts of the Detecting and Responding area of unit 3, area of study 2. Biology students only found out mid September that we no longer needed to know homeostasis at the organism level, and rather, only know it at the cellular level. But you can purchase the old edition and work your way around the information that you do not need to learn.