Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:11:47 pm

Author Topic: How hard is it to pass UniMelb MMI for guaranteed place?  (Read 1530 times)  Share 

aabar1

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How hard is it to pass UniMelb MMI for guaranteed place?
« on: February 03, 2018, 10:43:18 am »
Hello!

As a high-school leaver who still hasn't figured out what to do, I'm freaking out right now. I received an OP1 last year, but the only thing that's keeping me back from choosing unimelb's guaranteed entry program (by doing bachelor of biomedical sciences, getting 75% WAM and passing the MMI) is the difficulty of the MMI. I currently have a choice between University of Melbourne's guaranteed entry program and Griffith's school leaver program (bachelor of biomedicine --> MD).

Currently, all the information that I have is that the MMI passing conditions is 50% average score across all 8 stations and getting over a cut-off score for 5/8 stations (don't know what score it is).

With this information, I can't decide if going to Unimelb to do the guaranteed entry program would be a risk I want to take. How easy is it for applicants to pass the MMI?

Also, I heard that with the guaranteed entry pathway (99.00+, not 99.90+), it's only possible to receive FFP for the MD. Does this mean that I won't be able to receive guaranteed internship?

Thank you.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: How hard is it to pass UniMelb MMI for guaranteed place?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:05:37 pm »
+3
If you get 99.90+, you will be guaranteed entry into the Melbourne MD (CSP) as long as you pass the interview (you will also receive a very nice scholarship).

If you get 99.00-99.85, you will be guaranteed entry into the Melbourne MD (FFP) as long as you maintain a WAM of 75+ and pass the interview.

Since OP1 is a broad range and you haven’t specified what this translates to in terms of ATAR, I’m not sure which pathway you are applying for. In any case I’d recommend you take Griffith as I’m assuming you are a Queensland student and moving interstate is quite expensive (will not be offset even if you have the scholarship). If you are not confident about interviews, the Griffith option is also much safer as I have heard of a few Chancellor’s scholars failing to get a place in the MD program.
UAdel MBBS