Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:38:31 pm

Author Topic: Thoughts on Year 12? (class of 2020)  (Read 1549 times)

99.95_goal

• Forum Regular
Thoughts on Year 12? (class of 2020)
« on: November 24, 2020, 07:28:24 pm »
Hi Class of 2020,
I know exams are almost finished for us - with a few more to go for some, but I would just love to hear your experience with VCE in Year 11/12, any challenges/surprises/regrets - I'm sure it'll be helpful for those who will enter Year 12 next year or the year after here on AN!
I'll begin with mine. I started off year 12 with not a lot of expectations - honestly, even though I go to a competitive selective school, I've always been a bit slack in terms of ambitions/motivation(ignore my name lol, my cringey 15 year old slf made this account back in the day). During quarantine, it honestly got so much worse, with no teachers there to force me to do the work, I was almost failing a couple of the online SACs. About two months before the exam though, I really got myself together and studied like crazy. The exams went ok, probably better than I thought. I'm not sure if I can actually get a high ATAR or anything but what I do know is that I've given it my all.... at least for two months.
Things I'm proud of:
- actually having the motivation to do 20+ exams for each of my subjects before and going over all of them carefully
- not giving up even though things were starting to look a bit ugly and still seeking to do the best I could
Regrets:
- not trying hard earlier in the year
- 'slacking off' a bit during exam week (I was planning to do some last minute going over the day before all my exams but I ended up not doing much. It probably wouldn't have helped honestly considering how unprecedented most exams were this year but still)
Overall though, ATARs and ss aside, Year 12 has been a great learning experience. I know us class of 2020 didn't get to live the 'year 12 experiences' with formals and various activities because of covid, but the challenges we faced hopefully made us more resilient and stronger as we now enter the 'real world'