Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 11:19:19 am

Author Topic: 2014 Book  (Read 2658 times)  Share 

Bluegirl

2014 Book
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:42:40 pm »
+1
Did anyone else get the HHD book (Key Concepts) and each page is individual and loose? Really really don't like it! and it's the book my school had on their booklist (checked the code/number whatever)
Can't return it because I opened it.
So I just split the book up into 4 and put them in plastic pockets.
But not very happy. :P

The Brightest Witch

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: 2014 Book
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:42:36 pm »
+1
Oh god those are horrible. I almost bought that for Legal. Personally, I hate them.

BUT seeing as this is irreversible, let's make the best of the situation.

The splitting thing is a cool idea. Does it have holes? If it does, I'd keep it all in a big binder at home, but then throughout the year, take the relevant chapter from the book to school in a plastic pocket or display folder or something. That way, you don't have to carry the entire book around all the time, so in a way, it's better, because you don't have a super heavy bag or heaps of irrelevant stuff to weigh down your bag. So really, this is the best thing that could have happened to you!

Not really, but I think I managed to make it sound okay?
VCE: English, Health, Legal, Psych, Further, Chem
2015: Arts/Law @ Monash

Guys I only doubled with Arts because I couldn't let go of Psych and wanted to keep doing it as a major at least, but I took International Studies on a whim after the info session just because I needed a minor, and I love it so much! It's 3:29am and I had to share this, I think I'm majoring in it bye.

Anchy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 12:02:18 am »
+1
Ermaagerddddd, still waiting for mine :(
Bachelor of Arts/Laws @ Monash University

Bluegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:05:53 am »
+1
Oh god those are horrible. I almost bought that for Legal. Personally, I hate them.

BUT seeing as this is irreversible, let's make the best of the situation.

The splitting thing is a cool idea. Does it have holes? If it does, I'd keep it all in a big binder at home, but then throughout the year, take the relevant chapter from the book to school in a plastic pocket or display folder or something. That way, you don't have to carry the entire book around all the time, so in a way, it's better, because you don't have a super heavy bag or heaps of irrelevant stuff to weigh down your bag. So really, this is the best thing that could have happened to you!

Not really, but I think I managed to make it sound okay?

Already do hate it :P yeah it does have holes. Thanks for the idea. Just have to make the most of it. What a hassle to sell next year though.
You tried, and.. Partially succeeded? :P

I wanted to get my books earlier and although it cost me a bit (paid for them myself)  now I don't have to fork out $500 in January. And now I have them for homework. Yay?

The Brightest Witch

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:40:43 am »
+1
The good thing is, I don't think you'll rely on or need to use the book too much :)

Guys I only doubled with Arts because I couldn't let go of Psych and wanted to keep doing it as a major at least, but I took International Studies on a whim after the info session just because I needed a minor, and I love it so much! It's 3:29am and I had to share this, I think I'm majoring in it bye.

Bluegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 11:54:40 am »
+1
The good thing is, I don't think you'll rely on or need to use the book too much :)
Yeah I think I'll use the ebook more than the book

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: -32
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »
+1
wait which book did everyone buy?  Isn't there only one textbook?
'My belief is stronger than your doubt'

Bluegirl

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »
+1
There's the Key Concepts and Cambridge that I know of.

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »
+1
There's the Key Concepts and Cambridge that I know of.

yea i got the key concept one as well, i reckon there good books.

The Brightest Witch

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »
+1
My teacher said Key Concepts is by far the best one :)

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 10:35:56 pm »
+1
Did anyone else get the HHD book (Key Concepts) and each page is individual and loose? Really really don't like it! and it's the book my school had on their booklist (checked the code/number whatever)
Can't return it because I opened it.
So I just split the book up into 4 and put them in plastic pockets.
But not very happy. :P
Hmm I got the key concepts text book (14 edition) but it definitely wasn't loose leaf. At least you will now be able to organise your notes and text book notes in the same file. Shouldn't really matter :).
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 10:37:19 pm »
+1
Hmm I got the key concepts text book (14 edition) but it definitely wasn't loose leaf. At least you will now be able to organise your notes and text book notes in the same file. Shouldn't really matter :).

whats your h/w for health?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 10:53:15 am »
+1
whats your h/w for health?
The teacher gave us a booklet (not really thick). It contains notes and exam style questions. We need to go through and understand the notes, and also answer all questions before school starts.
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

smile+energy

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • A big smile, the most amazing thing ever.
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 03:11:52 pm »
+1
I think the key concepts one is alright
2014: English(EAL)   Methods   Biology   Health and human development   Accounting

walkec

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
+1
My school also had the loose leaf one on the booklist. However, I asked my Food Tech teacher about it (because she's my HHD teacher this year) and she recommended that I get the actual binded one. It was a bit more expensive but definitely worth it.

I had the loose leaf one for biology last year and it was the worse. I put each chapter in my binder folder as I needed it and the pages would always rip  :( so I resorted to using the ebook on my iPad instead