Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:41:37 pm

Author Topic: Is it possible for me to turn my scores around?  (Read 1174 times)  Share 

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Is it possible for me to turn my scores around?
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:55:47 pm »
I am doing 3/4  English language this year. I barely passed 1/2 but that was because I put 0 effort in. I got ~20% on both the sacs in inFormal Language but apparently still showed enough knowledge for an S.

I have the formal language analytical commentary in a week and then an essay in 3 weeks. I have so far put in 0 effort into the subject and haven't started preparing for eithe of those SACS.

All I am aiming for at the end of the year is a 25 so my Uni options aren't super limited.  What will be the best things I could do at this point to turn my marks around? How could I prepare for the SAC next wednesday most effectively granted I dont understand much meta language and don't even understand how to properly write an analytical commentary? Any other tips?
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Is it possible for me to turn my scores around?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:29:53 pm »
+2
I am doing 3/4  English language this year. I barely passed 1/2 but that was because I put 0 effort in. I got ~20% on both the sacs in inFormal Language but apparently still showed enough knowledge for an S.

I have the formal language analytical commentary in a week and then an essay in 3 weeks. I have so far put in 0 effort into the subject and haven't started preparing for eithe of those SACS.

All I am aiming for at the end of the year is a 25 so my Uni options aren't super limited.  What will be the best things I could do at this point to turn my marks around? How could I prepare for the SAC next wednesday most effectively granted I dont understand much meta language and don't even understand how to properly write an analytical commentary? Any other tips?

Hey. :)

I think the answer to this type of question is almost always an unequivocal "yes, you can turn it around". But saying that is probably easier than actually doing it.

I'd suggest starting with something like this, which overviews a bunch of potential resources you could use - you can just start with whatever seems most relevant to you.

For the analytical commentary specifically, I really recommend taking any text, and trying to write an analytical commentary on it. Post it here for feedback. Do it again. Eventually you'll get the structure right. The best way to structure your analytical commentary is probably by the "big ideas" of the piece - so things like function, social purpose, register, context and so on. If you don't know what those things mean, there's no better time to ask! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.