Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:58:30 am

Author Topic: Re: Doing extra modules  (Read 1736 times)  Share 

hifer

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Doing extra modules
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:05:32 pm »
Hi guys, i'm trying to get some advice on whether it's actually "safe" to do modules which u have not covered in school?

Would they actually mark it and count the marks? What if you do more than 3 modules? Which ones would they choose then? I heard VCAA has a list of modules which u covered in school and if they are not the same as the ones u did in the exam, they won't mark it?

I have heard diverging opinions and views from teachers on this.. i'd like to hear from u guys as well

thx

Odette

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:36 pm »
Quote from: "hifer"
Hi guys, i'm trying to get some advice on whether it's actually "safe" to do modules which u have not covered in school?

Would they actually mark it and count the marks? What if you do more than 3 modules? Which ones would they choose then? I heard VCAA has a list of modules which u covered in school and if they are not the same as the ones u did in the exam, they won't mark it?

I have heard diverging opinions and views from teachers on this.. i'd like to hear from u guys as well

thx

You can choose whichever 3 modules you prefer to do... However I think they will only correct the first 3 modules you did (if you do 4 which i doubt you could) ..

You can do modules which you haven't covered in school... I'm doing that :P

Good luck, hope that helps :)

Timtasticle

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:18:06 pm »
You are free to do which ever module you like come exam time. Your teachers probably just discourage it.

I'm not positive about if you answer more than 3 though; I've heard different things on that. I've heard they only mark the first 3. But I've also heard they mark all and take your best.

Not positive on which it is though..

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:42 pm »
in EXAM 1, you don't even have the space to put down your multiple choice answers for a forth module

so definently, 3 modules no more or less
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

Odette

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:35:11 pm »
I thought so, it's almost impossible to finish 4 modules and the CORE even in both exams lol...

That's just what I think though...