Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 06:22:42 pm

Author Topic: Bachelor of biomedical science HELP  (Read 885 times)  Share 

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -2
Bachelor of biomedical science HELP
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:28:14 pm »
I知 wanting to do bachelor of biomedical science. Idek what uni.

Can someone please help me, I知 not gonna achieve a 70 atar I知 gonna straight out achieve a 60+ if so.

??? Help

myrenday

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Bachelor of biomedical science HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 06:32:47 pm »
I知 wanting to do bachelor of biomedical science. Idek what uni.

Can someone please help me, I知 not gonna achieve a 70 atar I知 gonna straight out achieve a 60+ if so.

??? Help
Read this https://pathways.rmit.edu.au/course/BP231P10 - RMIT offers pathways, however be wary it's gonna take you a year longer.

I'm at Deakin doing biomed and tbh I don't think it's great here. You can PM for more info.
im a biomed kid

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Bachelor of biomedical science HELP
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 07:07:56 pm »
+4
Hi there,

If your ATAR is lower than what is needed to enter a course, you have options:

- pick a course that is the same as the one you wanted to do at a different university, and transfer after a semester / year

- pick a course at the same university as your desired course, and transfer after a semester / year

- complete a diploma (usually a year long) at your desired university and transfer to your desired course. Pretty much every uni has a diploma you can do, which after completing, you have a pathway to enter.

Other unis you can consider for biomedical science besides Deakin are La Trobe, Federation University, Australian Catholic University, and Victoria University. You can get into biomedical science anywhere (even Melbourne and Monash), but you may need to take a path that's a tiny bit longer than standard entry from high school.

For example, to get into La Trobe's biomedicine course, you can do a Diploma of Biosciences. The Diploma of Biosciences is an 8 month course from La Trobe College (part of La Trobe university). You can do this straight out of VCE. After completing it, you go into the second year biomedicine.

Also, Victoria University's biomedical science course does not need an ATAR to get into it.

Here's a diagram of this information:

There's always a way to get to your desired career. Don't give up!

Hope this helps :)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 08:08:38 pm by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash