Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:54:44 pm

Author Topic: Never paid the VTAC application fee  (Read 1141 times)  Share 

bamboozled

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Never paid the VTAC application fee
« on: December 20, 2020, 01:15:21 pm »
I was not intending to go to uni next year, so I never paid my VTAC course application fee. However, I performed better in school than I thought I would, and decided I had a decent chance of getting into the course I like. Unfortunately, I missed the December 17 deadline for VTAC fees and I'm very stressed out. Do I have any chance of going to uni anymore? Anyone know or been in this situation?

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Never paid the VTAC application fee
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 01:58:06 pm »
+10
While unfortunately at this point you've missed out on the January offers (where the majority of offers are made), you can still apply for other rounds. According to the VTAC Dates and Fees page, you can be eligible for the first round in Feb provided you make your application by 19th of Jan and pay the $61 late fee by 22nd of Jan. I think a good next step would be to start the application and working out how you want to arrange your course preferences.

I can't say for sure whether you'd be able to get in, it depends on the course, your marks, and how many in the cohort accept their offers — but of course, there still is a chance of getting in with a second round offer, so I think it's something to pursue.

Even if this doesn't work out, there are still other avenues of entry. For example a lot of universities have midyear starts, where you can start in Semester 2 rather than Semester 1 — which is what I did.

Best of luck :)

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: Never paid the VTAC application fee
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 03:37:52 pm »
I was not intending to go to uni next year, so I never paid my VTAC course application fee. However, I performed better in school than I thought I would, and decided I had a decent chance of getting into the course I like. Unfortunately, I missed the December 17 deadline for VTAC fees and I'm very stressed out. Do I have any chance of going to uni anymore? Anyone know or been in this situation?
If you get the guarantee ATAR you might still make second rounds. But if you want to attend Melbourne university you might be a bit unlucky due to that university having a lot of demand and people don't get much second round offers there. Monash or another university you might be lucky.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:40:44 pm by Stormbreaker-X »