Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:44:06 pm

Author Topic: Will universities still accept me if I didn't get a 25ss in English?  (Read 1466 times)  Share 

Skenna9

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi guys,
I got a study score of 23 in English and I want to go into nursing or a medical background but i didn't get the pre req of 25, when it says 'at least a 25ss' can they still accept me?
thanks!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: Will universities still accept me if I didn't get a 25ss in English?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 08:52:29 pm »
Hi guys,
I got a study score of 23 in English and I want to go into nursing or a medical background but i didn't get the pre req of 25, when it says 'at least a 25ss' can they still accept me?
thanks!
Prerequisites=must. If you don't get that 25 I am afraid you won't be eligible for entry, but I could be wrong. I think you should contact the institution directly and ask them.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Will universities still accept me if I didn't get a 25ss in English?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 09:46:22 pm »
Hi guys,
thanks!
Historically, people with a sub-25 SS have only been able to get into courses with a Methods 25+ raw SS requirement directly in very rare cases e.g. lots of SEAS and achieved a 24 raw SS. Given 2020 was ruled by COVID, you might be able to give it a try, but the more likely situation is that you'll need to try one of the following:
(a) try a different course without the Methods prereq and transfer into a nursing/ medical course you want a semester or year later with good grades (You might also need to take a Methods equivalent.)
(b) go to a uni where the nursing/ medical course doesn't have the Methods prereq
(c) try a bridging course
(d) do a general degree first (without the Methods prereq) and then do a nursing/ medical postgrad course

In any case, I would research what would be best for you with the uni(s) you are hoping to land at e.g. if you wanted Monash Nursing as Preference #1 initially and still want to be a nurse via Monash, then you'll need to ask Monash for info about pathways.   
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread