Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:11:33 pm

Author Topic: LATROBE, Tell me about it, just some general comments from people who studythere  (Read 6128 times)  Share 

Abdulhai

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
Sup, I'm just wondering about LATROBE, and the prevailing environment. If possible gimme some comments about some of their law courses.
Thanks.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +9
lol wrong thread, this is the methods thread, ask it in the law thread
2011:
Aims-
English 35, Further 45+, Methods 35, Physics 32, Turkish 33, Legal 28.

Abdulhai

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
Damn, I'm new to this.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +9
haha
2011:
Aims-
English 35, Further 45+, Methods 35, Physics 32, Turkish 33, Legal 28.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Damn, I'm new to this.

Also PM a mod/admin to delete this thread (as deleting privileges have recently changed I think)

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
Done.  Moved to the appropriate board.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Would appreciate some feedback from those who go here at present. I'm looking at Law as well at La Trobe (Bundoora), if anyone can shed some light on the quality/environment/parking/computers avail/etc that'd be great.
Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business
'VU Achievement Scholarship' recipient

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +17
1) Building are pretty old, with some buildings (ELT - Eastern lecture theatre) having no air conditioning. But that shouldnt really bother you much.
2) Theres a shitload of trees, and its essentially in th middle of a bush. Very multicultural ( I don't mean that in a bad way)
3) There is a lot of parking but generally if you come between 9-12, you will struggle to get a car parking spot. Especially in the health sciences spots
4) Library is fairly always busy, but there is a lot of study space. If you end up with group work and require a study booth. This will need to be booked in advance, normally a couple of days before you need the room

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Cheers Aqualim. Must be a few more studying at La Trobe that can contribute!

ilovecake

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0

1) Building are pretty old, with some buildings (ELT - Eastern lecture theatre) having no air conditioning. But that shouldnt really bother you much.
2) Theres a shitload of trees, and its essentially in th middle of a bush. Very multicultural ( I don't mean that in a bad way)
3) There is a lot of parking but generally if you come between 9-12, you will struggle to get a car parking spot. Especially in the health sciences spots
4) Library is fairly always busy, but there is a lot of study space. If you end up with group work and require a study booth. This will need to be booked in advance, normally a couple of days before you need the room

This pretty much sums it up. But just to clarify you can get a parking spot easily at anytime of the day, you just wont be able to get one right next to where you need to be. Oh.. and I believe the ELT is having air conditioning installed shortly.

I dont know anything about the law courses offered here, but if there is anything else you want to know, ask away.

2010: Methods CAS | Chemistry | Physics | Software Dev | English

2011: Science/Nanotechnology @ La Trobe

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Just another question that popped up haha, is it free parking? I imagine it would be, but just to be sure.

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
The outdoor setup is beautiful with heaps of trees and a lake as Aqualim said. Plenty of open space. Also, the Agora is an awesome social hub with plenty of spots to grab lunch, too.

The library has just been upgraded so it's pretty spiffy although the organisation of books is illogical. It has a lot of books but many are too old.

And La Trobe has great sports facilities on campus!

Transport is good (if you don't want to drive) with a bus terminus as well as tram servicing.

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
Just another question that popped up haha, is it free parking? I imagine it would be, but just to be sure.

Nope, you have to pay. Or you can just wait for the fine to come and hope you don't get too many in the year.

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Ok cool thanks lexitu. You do law or?

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter