Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:23:21 pm

Author Topic: What are the 99.95 atars doing now?  (Read 1700 times)  Share 

MathMethodsGuru

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -6
What are the 99.95 atars doing now?
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:41:44 am »

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Re: What are the 99.95 atars doing now?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 10:06:15 am »
+10
Because you have not expanded upon your question, I've interpreted it to mean "what do the people who achieve a 99.95 do after that?" Hopefully this is correct.

People working to achieve a 99.95 are doing what they want - many would study at their chosen university before achieving a degree - some would end up tutoring (or, you know, helping out on an educational forum), others starting a business, and some might even go into a trade. As has been a statement seen on AN a lot lately, the number you get does not define your worth as an individual, what dreams you should follow or your future. And once school finishes, an ATAR is honestly only valid for about 6 months to a year afterwards. To have the academic skill to get a 99.95 means that you would be very well off out in the real world, but by no means does it jam everyone into a box where they have to be somewhere specific, or do something with their lives. My sister got a 95 - she went into IT. A friend of mine got a 94 - he skipped the uni option entirely and went straight into the work force, and would have done the same even if he'd gotten the highest score possible. Those who achieve a 99.95 do have the tendency to go into tertiary studies such as medicine and do great things, but they'll still follow their passion like any other person.

I've seen some high scores on AN - perhaps they can share anecdotes.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating