Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:02:01 pm

Author Topic: Ask A Successful 2020 JMSS Candidate Anything  (Read 6668 times)  Share 

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
  • Respect: +3
Re: Ask A Successful 2020 JMSS Candidate Anything
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 04:29:38 pm »
Oh yeah and also I love the mhs uniform, the nossal uniform looks ugly imo which I’m not looking forward to. UGH WHEN CAN I JUST GET AN OFFER TO MHS ALREADY, and Ik you don’t have to go to a selective school to succeed in life since you probably are really smart but you got cut off by ur school. Don’t be disheartened, as long as u don’t have any issues with ur current school it’s fine. I HATE MY CURRENT SCHOOL, MHS CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME AN OFFER?

Haha not really tho, just feeling like I have been talking too seriously lmao. I mean I wasn’t really studying a lot before this year and like those who got in from my school really did prepared extremely early so like I’m actually okay with this after the first few days lol

Yeah I wasn’t trying to sounds smart or anything like that as I’m not or otherwise I could’ve get in, so I was just trying to express stuffs I saw that gives me a bit of motivation when I got rejected, but I might not used the right way to express it haha that’s why my grammar is so bad but I really didn’t mean to be showing anything or making everyone thinks that I’m desperate all the time after I didn’t received an offer-_-

Anyways I heard that if anyone in ur school who got in didn’t appear in the orientation day then his offer will be passing down, and there’s also offers coming out at term four so imo, u still have a chance to get one, good luck :)
welp I’m procrastinating rn

Shxh

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 05:05:28 pm »
+1
Haha not really tho, just feeling like I have been talking too seriously lmao. I mean I wasn’t really studying a lot before this year and like those who got in from my school really did prepared extremely early so like I’m actually okay with this after the first few days lol

Yeah I wasn’t trying to sounds smart or anything like that as I’m not or otherwise I could’ve get in, so I was just trying to express stuffs I saw that gives me a bit of motivation when I got rejected, but I might not used the right way to express it haha that’s why my grammar is so bad but I really didn’t mean to be showing anything or making everyone thinks that I’m desperate all the time after I didn’t received an offer-_-

Anyways I heard that if anyone in ur school who got in didn’t appear in the orientation day then his offer will be passing down, and there’s also offers coming out at term four so imo, u still have a chance to get one, good luck :)
Thanks and I wish you good luck on your year 10 endeavours! Hopefully we can both succeed in life and get into the course that we want to! Good luck!

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 10:43:56 pm »
Thanks and I wish you good luck on your year 10 endeavours! Hopefully we can both succeed in life and get into the course that we want to! Good luck!

Thanks! U too!! Good luck :)
welp I’m procrastinating rn

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 02:01:30 pm »
+2
Hope everyone goes to the school they want to go to.

ralphaele

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 07:06:33 pm »
Hi sorry to bother you,
I was just wondering for the john Monash test 2020, I have learnt basically all of the components for mathematics, numerical reasoning, and creative writing/essay/report for science. I am a bit lost on how to study for the normal science component of the test. Could you please explain this to me? Also for the interviews I have medals for volleyball and also pictures stating me participation in sports and evidence that I made the state team. In total about 5 or 6 photos of extracurricular activities. I don't have any academic achievements. Will this be enough to get me pass this stage and into the school.
Thank you :)

SanchaTheSeeker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 08:40:36 pm »
Hi sorry to bother you,
I was just wondering for the john Monash test 2020, I have learnt basically all of the components for mathematics, numerical reasoning, and creative writing/essay/report for science. I am a bit lost on how to study for the normal science component of the test. Could you please explain this to me? Also for the interviews I have medals for volleyball and also pictures stating me participation in sports and evidence that I made the state team. In total about 5 or 6 photos of extracurricular activities. I don't have any academic achievements. Will this be enough to get me pass this stage and into the school.
Thank you :)

Hi, another JMSS student here. The science test isn't exactly on science knowledge, more on how you interpret results and visuals. I'd suggest the ICAS science practise tests. Your co-curricular achievements are excellent. When you say you don't have any academic achievements, what about any competitions such as ICAS or Big Science that you've participated in? How about any awards from school? Not sure about the last question but I reckon it should be enough to just bring your sport stuff if you have a decent school report. Hope this helps
“Our life is a constant journey, from birth to death. The landscape changes, the people change, our needs change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station.”

― Paulo Coelho

Train nerd, Venturer Scout, and JMSS hoomun

JMSS guide: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189547

ig: @sfaunncgha

ralphaele

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 07:07:54 pm »
Thank you, this has been a great help! Regarding my school reports, overall I have had 1 B+ so far and the rest are A and A+. Unfortunately I do not have any academic achievements for school or other competitions but I will try to get at least 2 or more superiors to make up for this.

ItzLachlan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 02:43:34 pm »
Thank you, this has been a great help! Regarding my school reports, overall I have had 1 B+ so far and the rest are A and A+. Unfortunately I do not have any academic achievements for school or other competitions but I will try to get at least 2 or more superiors to make up for this.

Good stuff ralphaele! If you need any help with any part of applying, you can message me on ATARNotes. Good luck!