Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 02:06:36 am

Author Topic: How to Write a Module C Essay  (Read 54884 times)

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: How to Write a Module C Essay
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2017, 11:37:52 am »
How can I develop a thesis into my second set of body paragraphs, in the second set should I just state a totally new theme or elaborate on an already established idea

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 07:03:47 pm »
+1
How can I develop a thesis into my second set of body paragraphs, in the second set should I just state a totally new theme or elaborate on an already established idea
I think this comes down to the structure of your essay! So, I recommend the structure that you have an overarching theme, sometimes called a motherhood statement, and then your body paragraphs will be smaller and unique branches from this main argument. Hypothetically, your motherhood statement is about the way texts have the ability to change perspectives. Perhaps in your first paragraph, you might flesh out the idea of texts changing perspectives on the world, and then in your second paragraph you could talk about changing perspectives of relationships.

So, I know this doesn't relate specifically to Module C, I just wanted to use a generic example so that the structure is clear. Hopefully this makes sense! You should be bringing up a new argument/angle in your second body paragraph, but it should follow the same thread that the rest of your essay is producing :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

cxmplete

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Malek Fahd Islamic School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2017, 05:27:24 pm »
Is it ok to structure your essay for mod C: PT, RT and PT, or would i risk losing marks?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2017, 06:26:35 pm »
+1
Is it ok to structure your essay for mod C: PT, RT and PT, or would i risk losing marks?

That works! You might be pushing it a little far in terms of the PT/RT balance, ideally you don't want to go far beyond a 60/40 split. Make sure that middle paragraph is really solid! :)