Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 02, 2024, 06:07:51 am

Author Topic: Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)  (Read 5001 times)  Share 

LegendDan70

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 01:10:13 pm »
ive done BST accelerated and managed to receive a band 6- the best advice id give is basically assign a case study to every section apart from role as well as know your GTDF (graphs table diagrams flowchards) to ensure your section 4 is set. i struggled with section 3 (insider info: my teacher showed me my mark, i got 16 which is pretty bad), so theres not much i can say about this section. Section 2 was my best (39/40), my advice for this is to do the dotpoint Qs, they help alot because BST is just alot of memorising and content dumping.

I have some leftover case study material for operations & marketing, post ur emails below and ill send you over through email (cant upload exceeds limit)

Wow man thanks for the advice!

I would also recommend using Graphs, Tables, Flowcharts etc in your notes, but not in actual exams, idk, I think they are more for conceptual understanding and not for showing off to markers. They literally just want you to recite the syllabus and get marks! :)

But also try using a variety of case studies and not just Quantas or McDonalds. Common other options are Apple, Dick Smith and your favourite resturant!

Hope this helps! :) :D

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:37 pm »
+1
Wow man thanks for the advice!

I would also recommend using Graphs, Tables, Flowcharts etc in your notes, but not in actual exams, idk, I think they are more for conceptual understanding and not for showing off to markers. They literally just want you to recite the syllabus and get marks! :)

But also try using a variety of case studies and not just Quantas or McDonalds. Common other options are Apple, Dick Smith and your favourite resturant!

Hope this helps! :) :D
You can use graphs and stuff when applicable, and they can come in handy. When your essay isnt the best, sometimes your graph can give you a couple of extra marks. It works for me!!

I also personally play the safe route with case studies. I use qantas with pretty much every dot point and just slot in others whenever i remember them
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU