Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 03:20:43 am

Author Topic: Did anyone else notice that U4 exams are far and few between? Excluding VCAA  (Read 887 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Like for the new SD even though both units are tested since two thousand and 12 they only put up single unit 3 exams and fully combined 3 and 4........is there a reason for this? I do know that the old unit 3 from 2016 backwards is todays unit 4. But still thats only one unit?

My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
+1
I'm confused by the question - I just checked on the VCAA website, and for pre-2013, they have both the U3 exam and U4 exam listed for every year? Then 2013 onwards is when the joint exam was introduced, hence why there's only 1 exam for every year after that. All the exams seem to be accounted for?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
I'm confused by the question - I just checked on the VCAA website, and for pre-2013, they have both the U3 exam and U4 exam listed for every year? Then 2013 onwards is when the joint exam was introduced, hence why there's only 1 exam for every year after that. All the exams seem to be accounted for?

I think my explanation was quite stupid- sorry  :PI meant for company exams (which is why I said excluding VCAA). For company exams they have both combine U3/4 and single Unit 3 papers but NO unit 4 singular exams......is there a reason for this? The study design went to one combined exam and they still continued to make the single unit 3s but not the single unit 4s I was wondering if there’s a rationale behind this? Perhaps as once you’ve revised unit 3 doing 3 and 4 together is benfitial
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
+2
I think my explanation was quite stupid- sorry  :PI meant for company exams (which is why I said excluding VCAA). For company exams they have both combine U3/4 and single Unit 3 papers but NO unit 4 singular exams......is there a reason for this? The study design went to one combined exam and they still continued to make the single unit 3s but not the single unit 4s I was wondering if there’s a rationale behind this? Perhaps as once you’ve revised unit 3 doing 3 and 4 together is benfitial

Maybe because some schools were still doing practice unit 3 exams? Can't say for sure, company exams are entirely up to their whims. Like, they could decide to ask a bunch of uni level questions if they wanted to :P but also could be that your teacher is just hiding the unit 4 exams from you, I haven't seen all the company exams in existence, so

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
Maybe because some schools were still doing practice unit 3 exams? Can't say for sure, company exams are entirely up to their whims. Like, they could decide to ask a bunch of uni level questions if they wanted to :P but also could be that your teacher is just hiding the unit 4 exams from you, I haven't seen all the company exams in existence, so

Haha no think your first theory is correct. My chemistry teachers have put up every commercial and VCAA exam from 2008-2019 including unit 3&4 combined so I just think unit 4 doesn’t exist
My avatar sums up life.