Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:11:21 pm

Author Topic: The truth game  (Read 34361 times)  Share 

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: The truth game
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 08:49:54 pm »
What do you value the absolute most and why? Try to pick one. If you can't pick between X and Y, explain both. For example, I value justice but am conflicted between that and kindness, and I'd explain why if I were answering.
My own life. From what I've experienced so far I have never felt the need to allow my desire to stay alive drop e.g. "It is sweet and dignified to die for the homeland, but it is sweeter to live for the homeland".

Maybe there would be a situation where I would value something more than my own life but I can't imagine it. Sometimes you would compromise your own safety, but that's not really to the extent of actually putting your life seriously at risk.

Who would be your hypothetical ideal politician? What do you think the leaders of the nation should be like?

sawah-la-la

• Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • School: Nunawading Christian College
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 11:02:03 pm »
Who would be your hypothetical ideal politician? What do you think the leaders of the nation should be like?

The Doctor. He's smart enough to solve most of the world's problems, usually saves the day and yet still cares about the people he deals with.

What do you are you scared of people finding out about you?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:13 pm »
What do you are you scared of people finding out about you?

Nothing. I'll answer any question I'm asked honestly so long as I'm not under a moral obligation NOT to answer the question (if it involved someone else and they were uncomfortable about it etc).

What would you do if your best friend of the same gender was crushing on the same person you were? Let's say for argument's sake that you could quantify a crush and you both liked X person the exact same amount, for the exact same amount of time.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:52 pm »
What would you do if your best friend of the same gender was crushing on the same person you were? Let's say for argument's sake that you could quantify a crush and you both liked X person the exact same amount, for the exact same amount of time.
Probs wouldn't be in this situation in the first place, but, oh well. I would see who the guy actually liked, but I wouldn't want to loose a friendship over fighting over one significant human being that may/may not wear glasses. If she liked him that much, I would let her go for it, and I would just leave it and move on.

If you got the chance to be in space, and your mission failed. You had one message to say to one loved one for maybe 15 seconds before your spaceship just exploded...who would you choose and why?
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:52 am »
Ooh... that's a tough one! I hope I wouldn't have to make such a decision ever in my life. I'd probably say my mum because she's probably the family member I'm closest to. Although, could I include in my message a note telling her to pass on my love to everyone else? :P

What has been the most physically painful moment in your life?
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

katykins

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Donde, está, la biblioteca
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2012, 10:34:32 am »
When i got admitted to hospital at the start of this year for an unknown diagnosis. My stomach felt like it was ripping and the cramps were so sore, worst 3 days ever.

What has been your most proud moment at school and why?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:38:36 am by katykins »
what a year it has been, thank goodness it is over, bring on a new chapter!

Psychology- 46!
Theatre studies- 37
Biology- 35
English- 34
Further maths-33
ATAR-87.15 so pleased!

any questions related to Psychology or Theatre Studies please don't hesitate to ask :)

saba.ay

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:23 am »
Going to Romania and Turkey for an IT competition and coming first and second respectively. Why? Well, I didn't pay anything for the flight and accommodation. :P Also, getting a full scholarship was pretty exciting. :D

If you were a superhero, what would be your super power? :)

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:31 pm »
Invisibility

What's your favourite place in CBD Melbourne?

DisaFear

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bravery is not a function of firepower
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »
State LibraryMelbourne Central - has something for everybody, for every occasion

What do you think is the biggest problem with today's society?

(AN chocolate) <tisaraiscool> Does it taste like b^3's brain?
BSc (Hons) @ Monash (Double major in Chemistry)

JCore

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 03:14:25 pm »
What do you think is the biggest problem with today's society?

Entitlement.

What is your deepest regret?

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 03:35:18 pm »
Taking VCE Physics in VCE. Big mistake.

Re: Serious Taboo issue on AN
Are you an "over orientation" or an "under orientation" person?

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 03:37:27 pm »
Over orientation. :P

Do you think we will ever achieve world peace? Why/why not?
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

saba.ay

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »
No, because conflict, war and violence is, to some extent, unavoidable and an inescapable part of being human. Simply put, deep down, people just love to fight and we can't escape this fact. -.- So, world peace, realistically, is not achievable. :/

If you were given the chance to make any country in the world a superpower, which would it be and why?

DisaFear

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bravery is not a function of firepower
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »
None. People are people, regardless of nationality. Some may be less trustworthy than others, due to historical factors, but I'd trust none of them with 'almighty' power over another. Would rather have everyone at level zero.

When do you think China will break free of 'Communism', if ever? How will it happen? Revolt? War? Why?

(AN chocolate) <tisaraiscool> Does it taste like b^3's brain?
BSc (Hons) @ Monash (Double major in Chemistry)

HighLatency

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »
Never. It is a established and powerful country not like the rabble in other countries which stage coups every couple of decades. To be honest it's not even that communist anymore, but the communist party still holds absolute power over the country with or without the consent of the people which is disgraceful.

What is the most reckless/impulsive thing you have ever done?