Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 03:43:48 am

Author Topic: An Anxious Llama's VCE Journey :)  (Read 2660 times)

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
Re: An Anxious Llama's VCE Journey :)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 05:16:40 pm »
+8
hey girls, boys and those beyond the binary!

It has definitely been a while since I've written an entry. However, with school being so overwhelming lately and been pretty lowkey, I didn't think anything was worthy of writing. For some good news though, I have been elected as 2021's GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) captain! Hopefully, I can help my school become more of an inclusive place for everyone no matter their sexuality or gender; especially at a place that is quite homophobic (from my personal experience). Also, thanks to an amazing human here on AN *cough,cough* Coolgalbornin03Lo, I'm going to start a probably frustrative journey with the UCAT.

Anyways... back to actual VCE stuff

English:
FINALLY! we have finished the comparison unit and are continuing with preferably the best part of English: ✨English Analysis✨. During the last week of term 3, we also completed a comparison, in-class essay. It was also that week that I actually did something quite big, ask a teacher for help. Yeah... that sounds stupid, right? but as someone who has been a previous high achiever and has been taught that "asking for help" is a weakness (which definitely is not!), it feels like a huge step :)

Methods
ok... here comes some big news guys...
Are you ready?

Spoiler
I passed my first methods test this year!!!🥳

I seriously do not know how that happened... but yeah :) just a reminder that everyone can do well!
We have also started calculus which is surprisingly fun... I love you differentiation <3

Biology:
nothing really much has happened except for a pedigrees test on Thursday. Surprisingly, a lot of students have dropped out of bio...

Chemistry:
My love for the subject is slowly coming back especially thanks to the acids and bases unit.  We have a test on it this Wednesday which I am kinda nervous about as I am still struggling a bit with conjugate base/acid pairs and ionic equations. Hopefully, a bit of practice will help cover it :) Also, can I say? Stoichiometry is a pain in the ass

Psych:
With the exam only a month away, I have really been ramping up the study for psych. Yet, I keep finding myself making the most stupid mistakes, especially during the school's trial exam. Somehow my brain is like "ok... operant conditioning? Nah... it is now operational conditioning". Definitely starting to think that Chicago Med is screwing with my head a little. Oh well, it is only a practice exam at the end of the day and is meant to identify weak points. The only main problem I am having during practice exams is the feeling of nausea and sweating... it feels as if I contracted food poisoning 20mins into the exam and I'm really not sure what to do about it... Also, during the trial exam, our psych teacher brought in her two dogs Darwin and Karen to just wander around and ahh, VCAA should definitely allow dogs to just wander around, it helps with stress so much.

HHD:
Health and human has been really chill. Currently, we started the topic of Australia's healthcare system and it is actually quite fascinating and useful. Except... some of the comments made by students about Medicare and the health system has been interesting...
Just to name a few from class...

- "Why do we need medicare if only poor people use it?"

- "How can people not afford private health insurance? Isn't the minimum annual pay $145,000 for everyone?"

- Our teacher asked us who had or didn't have private health insurance,  as the only person in the class without private health cover I was asked, "What do you do when you get sick or need to go to the hospital" ???

I...I don't know what to think of this. In a sense, it does show the classist and money-filled nature of a private school.

Anyways.... that's a wrap. Happy studying! ;D

2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 09:14:16 pm »
+2
Hey scientificllama!

I know you posted this a couple of weeks ago but I just wanted to congratulate you on your captaincy position! Also good job for everything school related and I hope your exam prep is going well!

Eloise :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 11:53:28 am »
Hey scientificllama!

I know you posted this a couple of weeks ago but I just wanted to congratulate you on your captaincy position! Also good job for everything school related and I hope your exam prep is going well!

Eloise :)

Thank you so much Eloise, it means a lot :)
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D