Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 08:53:25 am

Author Topic: 25 ss english?  (Read 866 times)  Share 

wolfbeaver

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
25 ss english?
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:42:14 am »
what type of marks will get me this?

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
Re: 25 ss english?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:55:57 am »
Not high - you have to consider that every student in the state does English and a lot of students in the state don't give a flying f*ck about VCE. So, you'd probably be looking at around like 4/10 for each of your essays whatnot.

itsdanny

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »
every student in the state does English and a lot of students in the state don't give a flying f*ck about VCE.

You're taking into account students who do English Literature, English Language, and LOTE as well?

ldee

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 01:44:49 pm »
+1
every student in the state does English and a lot of students in the state don't give a flying f*ck about VCE.

You're taking into account students who do English Literature, English Language, and LOTE as well?

Well I would think that most people who "don't give a flying f***" about VCE wouldn't realise that there is other avenues of English, so they would mostly be doing mainstream English. So you could argue that the cohorts for language and literature have less of these people, and I think the scaling of each subject would support this.

But yeah, back on topic, what paul said :)

golden

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Sharpshot
  • Respect: +102
  • School: VSC
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:45 am »

Well I would think that most people who "don't give a flying f***" about VCE wouldn't realise that there is other avenues of English, so they would mostly be doing mainstream English. So you could argue that the cohorts for language and literature have less of these people, and I think the scaling of each subject would support this.

But yeah, back on topic, what paul said :)

LOL.
2014: Microbiology/Immunology Major.

Thanks to (alphabetical order):
2010: appianway. 2011: Kamil9876, laseredd, xZero. 2012: dc302, harper, marr.
Multiple times: pi, Russ, stonecold, TT.