Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:51:43 pm

Author Topic: Dropping 7th subject?  (Read 484 times)  Share 

randomdude

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Dropping 7th subject?
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:01:09 am »
Hey guys, I've come to the realization that I hate physics (shocker), I'm looking for some advice on whether this is advisable? idk just some kind of reassurance. The only reason I did physics was to appease my parents but I've come to the conclusion that I hate it. I mean I'm relatively studious but I completely blew off studying for my SAC at all and for the first time I'm pretty sure I will fail my SAC. Now I did 2 3/4s last year and I did moderately well and I am 100% sure I will not beat my previous scores in physics, the only problem is I'm not sure how I could phrase this in a way for my parents to understand. I'm thinking that I could do better on my 4 subjects especially without another exam on my plate at the end of the year, but everyone keeps telling me that I might screw up one of my other exams and its best to have a back-up. What do you guys think?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Dropping 7th subject?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:07:19 am »
+1
Hey, welcome to ATAR Notes! :)

My personal view: dropping it probably makes sense if you're absolutely hating it and it's your seventh subject (with acknowledgement that it's actually very difficult sometimes to predict how well you'll score in certain subjects).

Framing it in a "I can invest more time into my other subjects" sort of way would be a good method IMO - I did similarly when I dropped a subject in Year 11. Just checking you don't need Physics as a pre-requisite for any uni courses you might be interested in?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Dropping 7th subject?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 04:22:37 pm »
+2
Strategically, keeping this as a seventh subject makes absolutely no sense imo. You are far better off reducing your study load and dedicating more time to your other subjects.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️