Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:36:26 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1424165 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #4950 on: July 28, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »
+2
Anybody here applying for VCESS 2016?

I highly recommend it!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4951 on: July 28, 2016, 03:52:17 pm »
Anybody here applying for VCESS 2016?

I highly recommend it!

I'd consider it, but i've got an entire summer semester to do myself :(
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #4952 on: July 28, 2016, 03:53:20 pm »
I'd consider it, but i've got an entire summer semester to do myself :(

Ooh how does the summer semester work?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4953 on: July 28, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »
Ooh how does the summer semester work?

1st November to 17th February 2017 (or around there) - 3 units, one of them a double credit one. Two of them are on campus, one of them is flexible mode (the double credit one). I also have to do another 3 week placement somewhere in that period.

Means I still do the equivalent of 4 semesters (2 years) of work, but by doing one of them over summer (known as accelerated mode), I finish in July (a semester earlier than those who don't do a sem over summer).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:01:00 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
« Reply #4954 on: July 31, 2016, 08:31:05 pm »
+2
Recently went back for the first time since they redone campus center, i think it looks really good. It really flows with the other new areas (the wooden decking near the very large TV, etc). It used to feel like the uni was this really weird mishmash of super old and new but i think things are really leveling out now.

Anyone been to any of the new places? Quick review or ranking?

My posters recruiting for my study keep getting torn down or pasted over with peoples ads for their shitty 2002 carolla. It's driving me slightly mad.

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

grannysmith

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #4955 on: August 16, 2016, 09:24:50 am »
+1
Ded chat

Freaking Monash and their weekly evacuations smh

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #4956 on: September 07, 2016, 12:18:10 pm »
Hope you're all well.

How do I go about ordering a book from the Peninsula library?

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #4957 on: September 08, 2016, 02:17:09 pm »
+1
Hope you're all well.

How do I go about ordering a book from the Peninsula library?

Hi Joseph41,

If you are a non-Monash student, you can borrow an item from the Peninsula Library. More details on how you can do it. :  http://monash-ext.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3078/kw/borrowing/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3MzI5OTgzNS9zaWQvRnZTdjY0LW0%3D

The best thing, however, is to phone Peninsula Library on the item that you hope to check out. Alternatively, you can visit the Library.

Building L, McMahons Road, Frankston, VIC 3199  Australia
Tel: +61 3 9905 5054

Hope the info helps! :)
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #4958 on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »
Don't you just go to the library section online, click on "Get This" (or something lol) --> Request Book --> say which library you want it moved to (e.g. Matheson) and then you just pick it up in the Holds section of the library a couple of days later?  Can't remember exactly what it says as it's a while since I've done it haha.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #4959 on: September 09, 2016, 09:56:21 am »
Don't you just go to the library section online, click on "Get This" (or something lol) --> Request Book --> say which library you want it moved to (e.g. Matheson) and then you just pick it up in the Holds section of the library a couple of days later?  Can't remember exactly what it says as it's a while since I've done it haha.

Ah - I'd not signed in. Thank you Heidi, and also Ask Monash University. :) I should really know this stuff by now haha.

anna.xo

• No exam discussion
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +47
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #4960 on: October 09, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »
Does anyone know what it means when it says 'general collection - reserve' on library search ? Is it the same as general collection ?
2014: VCE
2015: Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Monash University

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #4961 on: October 17, 2016, 10:42:41 am »
Does anyone know what it means when it says 'general collection - reserve' on library search ? Is it the same as general collection ?

Hi anna.xo

Apologies for the late reply. It means it's an item available for 3-hour loan (high demand) but it's shelved in the general collection.
In most of our libraries we no longer have a separate reserve section. Hope it helps. If you need any further information about borrowing a particular item, do contact Monash Libraries: http://www.monash.edu/library/about/contacts Hope the information helps.
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #4962 on: October 31, 2016, 02:26:52 pm »
Hi. I just applied for special consideration for an exam this evening. My writing left hand has terrible eczema which is infected and constantly has a burning feeling, and feels even worse when I write. I got a medical certificate and took photos of the condition and submitted it all online. I'm scared they will reject it and I will then fail as I've never made a special consideration application for any exam or assessment ever so have no idea how this works. Should my application be ok? Thanks.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #4963 on: October 31, 2016, 02:35:06 pm »
Hi. I just applied for special consideration for an exam this evening. My writing left hand has terrible eczema which is infected and constantly has a burning feeling, and feels even worse when I write. I got a medical certificate and took photos of the condition and submitted it all online. I'm scared they will reject it and I will then fail as I've never made a special consideration application for any exam or assessment ever so have no idea how this works. Should my application be ok? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but if you have a medical certificate, I don't see why your application wouldn't be accepted.

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #4964 on: October 31, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »
Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but if you have a medical certificate, I don't see why your application wouldn't be accepted.

Thank you. Yeh, I think I'm just nervous for nothing because this is a new thing for me.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.