Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 04:19:43 pm

Author Topic: Qld holidays start March 30th  (Read 489 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Qld holidays start March 30th
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
+3
Hey,

I'm sure you've probably heard this if it applies to you, but there's been an update from the Queensland government that there will be student free days Monday to Friday next week - meaning that for state school students your last day of Term one will be this Friday. The plan atm is for schools to reopen on April 20th.

Since the 'extra week of school holidays' is student free days, staff will still be working. Schools will be providing a 'care and supervision' program for children of essential workers during those days as well.

I hope that this eases stress for some of you :)

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Re: Qld holidays start March 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 05:42:44 pm »
+4
Hey everyone,

Due to the recent pandemic, the QCAA has decided to remove one internal assessment from the total of four prescribed in each syllabus. They have done this in order to remove extra stress and pressure (for the year 12s) that has been caused by the current COVID-19 situation.

Read this for more info:

https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/coronavirus-updates

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:47:47 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie