Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 06:39:57 pm

Author Topic: HSC Economics Question Thread  (Read 192372 times)  Share 

Deng

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Economics Question Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2016, 06:43:34 pm »
Still havent been handed back our exams as our teacher has to photocopy them and whatnot, but i understand what youre saying it echoes that of my teacher.

Also, do you know any places where i can get comprehensive timelines of inflation,employment, economic growth etc with the causes or should i make them myself to solidify my knowledge ( kinda lazy haha )
English Advanced -89
Legal Studies - 90
Business Studies -92
Economics - 92
Mathematics - 88

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »
Still havent been handed back our exams as our teacher has to photocopy them and whatnot, but i understand what youre saying it echoes that of my teacher.

Also, do you know any places where i can get comprehensive timelines of inflation,employment, economic growth etc with the causes or should i make them myself to solidify my knowledge ( kinda lazy haha )

Definitely!

A site I really recommend is http://www.tradingeconomics.com/ .

It contains trends of all the statistics you mentioned and many more! What I like to do is write out a timeline with trends every 5 years (except in extraordinary circumstances e.g. 2008 GFC) and stick them up on my wall. Having them in your face every day is a really good way to solidify statistical knowledge over time and works for other subjects as well!
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75

Deng

• Trendsetter
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2016, 08:02:34 pm »
Ah thank you so much, by any chance would you also have a site that explains the causes of these trends in depth or will i have to research myself?
English Advanced -89
Legal Studies - 90
Business Studies -92
Economics - 92
Mathematics - 88

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2016, 08:27:52 pm »
I did this question for my trials "Analyse the effects of changes in the value of the Australian dollar on the Australia economy" and needed to add some extra on the Australian economic performance and internal stability (inflation & unemployment), so I need some help on finding some references to relate the exchange rate to these two aspects and some general advice as well!

Just don't know how to link the exchange rate to economic performance (I think I did it insufficiently) and internal stability!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:38:09 pm by Klexos »
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

jamie anderson

• Adventurer
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »
Hey guys im wondering if i post a draft essay does it require the 15 posts thing

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2016, 07:25:01 pm »
Hey guys im wondering if i post a draft essay does it require the 15 posts thing

Well since there's no marker (I don't believe there is a marker) I assume you can post it without needing 15 posts

Essej

• Forum Regular
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »

You can definitely post a practice essay! But since there are no mods on this thread the feedback may not be as good as the english/math thread + since we students marking may take longer!
Class of 2016
------------------------

brontem

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Brigidine Randwick
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »
+1
You can definitely post a practice essay! But since there are no mods on this thread the feedback may not be as good as the english/math thread + since we students marking may take longer!

I'll raise you one with an idea.. I'm willing to share my essays with people if they're willing to post theirs too?? I deliberately picked the options (in the trial) that I knew how to do and I don't know how I'd answer the others/questions from other papers!! (Also might help with the people who want theirs marked too..)
Just an idea  ;D ;D I'm also really lazy

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2016, 10:35:46 pm »
At this point, I have NOT asked anyone to offer a free essay marking service for economics. Only for help.

As if my schedule wasn't busy enough, Ying's is 5x worse. I can tell that she's not going to have the time to deal with all of those, at least, not with a reasonable speed. If you guys want to share essays and mutually offer feedback you are more than welcome to. I personally believe that for mutual feedback:
a) Because it's among just yourselves, there will NOT be a required post count to put up an economics essay as of present. I may need to make the moderators aware of my decision.
b) You may seek to have your essay deleted IF nobody offers feedback.
c) You guys are the boss of it. Play fair and offer constructive feedback. lol

Whether you choose to post your essay here or start another thread is up to you. But I'm not going to bug Ying about an essay here because I'm not going to overburden her.

Essej

• Forum Regular
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2016, 08:50:26 am »
I'll raise you one with an idea.. I'm willing to share my essays with people if they're willing to post theirs too?? I deliberately picked the options (in the trial) that I knew how to do and I don't know how I'd answer the others/questions from other papers!! (Also might help with the people who want theirs marked too..)
bump
At this point, I have NOT asked anyone to offer a free essay marking service for economics. Only for help.

As if my schedule wasn't busy enough, Ying's is 5x worse. I can tell that she's not going to have the time to deal with all of those, at least, not with a reasonable speed. If you guys want to share essays and mutually offer feedback you are more than welcome to. I personally believe that for mutual feedback:
a) Because it's among just yourselves, there will NOT be a required post count to put up an economics essay as of present. I may need to make the moderators aware of my decision.
b) You may seek to have your essay deleted IF nobody offers feedback.
c) You guys are the boss of it. Play fair and offer constructive feedback. lol

Whether you choose to post your essay here or start another thread is up to you. But I'm not going to bug Ying about an essay here because I'm not going to overburden her.

Assuming ying is hermansia?

That's completely fine rui, neither you or her have to stress!
This thread started between students and if we've survived this long ;) plus from what i've seen on this thread there are plenty of people capable of writing band 6 level essays and giving band-6 level feedback :)
Class of 2016
------------------------

birdwing341

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2016, 10:01:00 am »

Same!! I don't really have any essays typed up at the moment, but I am happy to give feedback, and when I write some post them up.

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2016, 05:12:37 pm »
Really general question here. But I've noticed that the HSC Economics exam is much much harder than the trials (both CSSA & Independent), maybe some of you find it fine (which is good!) - how have you been able to do these papers?
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

brontem

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Brigidine Randwick
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »
Really general question here. But I've noticed that the HSC Economics exam is much much harder than the trials (both CSSA & Independent), maybe some of you find it fine (which is good!) - how have you been able to do these papers?
I've noticed that too  :'( the only way to do it is to do every past paper possible unfortunately. Some of the questions in some HSC papers are really weird, there's always one in there that's just strange or really difficult to answer. I just try to write down everything that I know and then crosscheck with the sample answers, and then list down the things that stump me and go over it.
It's a hard life hahahah  :P

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2016, 12:10:29 pm »
Something that has always bothered me and I'm not sure how it works:

Budget of 37.1b is -2.2% GDP
CAD of 15.5b is -4.6% GDP
?
2016 ATAR: 93.05

birdwing341

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »
Something that has always bothered me and I'm not sure how it works:

Budget of 37.1b is -2.2% GDP
CAD of 15.5b is -4.6% GDP
?

I feel the CAD stat is the quarterly or half-annual stat. Maybe if you added up the previous few quarters you would get a bigger number?