Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:57:55 pm

Author Topic: Maths Extension 2 Discussion 2017  (Read 31798 times)

Natmo243

• Adventurer
Re: Maths Extension 2 Discussion 2017
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2017, 09:49:26 am »
Larger courses have 20
When I did IDT last year there were only 5 state ranks, selected from 11 band 6 students
HSC 2017: English Advanced (85), Maths Ext 1 (80), Maths Ext 2 (70), Chemistry (89)
HSC 2016: Information & Digital Technology VET: 91
4th in state IDT VET
ATAR: 93.60
Currently Studying: Bachelor of Mathematics at UON

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 06:03:53 pm »
I might be, but I made some careless errors which I wasn't able to spot in the exam, and quite a few questions intimidated me so I naturally skipped them. Not to mention the fact that many questions were broken down, and sometimes if i couldn't get the first part I'd have to skip the rest (the partial fractions question for example).Hopefully I underestimated my self a bit.
 Due to the fact that my class ended up rushing through most of the year (especially due to the fact that we started about halfway into term 4 and lost our original teacher a few weeks before half yearlies) hasn't helped much and cut into time which we could've used to learn how to approach some of the harder questions asked in the HSC. Also, we only have had 2 lessons a week to cover the basics which made the entire course all the more difficult. I don't know if its worth, or how to appeal for the fact that we started late and changed teachers throughout the year as I'm likely going to need some extra marks.
I personally think the most demoralizing thing is that our trial was nowhere near as difficult as any HSC exam, leading me to believe that what we were doing was sufficient, but when I started doing past papers I was in for a rude shock. I managed to do as far back as 2010 with what knowledge I had, but the best mark out of all of them I could get was 46% in the 2016 paper. When they decided to change it up this year, I absolutely crashed. I am first in assessment at the moment, so hopefully that should help me a bit with alignment.
I'm honestly glad to see that everyone did really well in such a weird paper, but I'm worrying that will go against me.
It really isn't the time to think about this anymore; just forget that the paper happened.

Although I do believe you should look into special consideration if it's possible. That sort of stuff is quite unfair.

If you don't mind me asking, can you PM me what school?
When I did IDT last year there were only 5 state ranks, selected from 11 band 6 students
Yeah on the contrary smaller cohorts only have 5

beau77bro

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 06:13:25 pm »
would u lose marks for evaluating an integral it said not to? ;( lost a dumb dumb mark if so

BradMate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2017, 06:57:15 pm »
what would 57-58% raw scale to?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2017, 12:22:39 pm »
what would 57-58% raw scale to?
~78, give or take about 5 though.
would u lose marks for evaluating an integral it said not to? ;( lost a dumb dumb mark if so
Well, they'd be pretty mean to not have any mercy on you whatsoever. But I can't say it's impossible

beau77bro

• Forum Obsessive
Maths Extension 2 Discussion 2017
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »
Trying to help a friend. This question(2a) is ridiculous tho. I've broken it up into two integral of negative inverse cot and inverse tan but I can't work out wat to use as the separating boundary. (1 works but I don't know why)