Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:53:44 pm

Author Topic: Good Intro??  (Read 1377 times)  Share 

Jamesy_112

Good Intro??
« on: June 14, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »
To what extent do biological, cognitive and socio-cultural factors influence health-related behaviour?

Stress is the failure to respond appropriately to physical and emotional threats. These threats may be real ones or imagined one; nevertheless the symptoms are the same. It can be described as a negative emotional experience, accompanied by various physiological, cognitive and behavioural changes. When we experience stress three key concepts are required. First the stressor is recognized, which is the factor that causes the stress, such as noise, pain or violence. Second is the stress response that being the physiological and psychological changes, such as increase of stress hormone. Finally we delve into the stress experience, which is our perception of the situation and how we cope with it. There are two main stressors which people experience. Acute stressors which appear immediately do not last for long and call for immediate attention, for example, a sports injury or the attack of a predator. On the other hand chronic stressors last for a long period of time and are a constant source of worry to an individual’s health. Through interpreting various theories, theorists and roles of coping with stress, such as Selye’s (1976) G.A.S, the Health-Belief Model and the role of social support as a means of coping with stress, a finalisation of to what extent biological, cognitive and socio-cultural factors influence stress.

How is this for an intro, am i relating to the question? :)

Thank in advance

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Good Intro??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:27:30 pm »
How come you have to write an essay for Psych?

Jamesy_112

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »
Mainly just for practice as i haven't been happy with myself with writing psych essays,

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 09:35:30 pm »
To what extent do biological, cognitive and socio-cultural factors influence health-related behaviour?

Stress is the failure to respond appropriately to physical and emotional threats. These threats may be real ones or imagined one; nevertheless the symptoms are the same. It can be described as a negative emotional experience, accompanied by various physiological, cognitive and behavioural changes. When we experience stress three key concepts are required. First the stressor is recognized, which is the factor that causes the stress, such as noise, pain or violence. Second is the stress response that being the physiological and psychological changes, such as increase of stress hormone. Finally we delve into the stress experience, which is our perception of the situation and how we cope with it. There are two main stressors which people experience. Acute stressors which appear immediately do not last for long and call for immediate attention, for example, a sports injury or the attack of a predator. On the other hand chronic stressors last for a long period of time and are a constant source of worry to an individual’s health. Through interpreting various theories, theorists and roles of coping with stress, such as Selye’s (1976) G.A.S, the Health-Belief Model and the role of social support as a means of coping with stress, a finalisation of to what extent biological, cognitive and socio-cultural factors influence stress.

Thank in advance
I'm assuming you're in Uni 'cause the G.A.S hasn't been in the course since 2010?
Intro seems pretty solid but I can't see any strong links to any of the key words. Like I could be like "Oh here he is talking about biological factors" but then again I have nfi how to write an essay for Psych lol.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Jamesy_112

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »

Thank in advance
I'm assuming you're in Uni 'cause the G.A.S hasn't been in the course since 2010?
Intro seems pretty solid but I can't see any strong links to any of the key words. Like I could be like "Oh here he is talking about biological factors" but then again I have nfi how to write an essay for Psych lol.
lol really?, we have been using G.A.S haha, i dunno then ill look another study,, yehh thats what i need help with the links to the key words? would you have any idea? :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:46 pm »
You're in Psych Units 3/4, VCE?
As much as I'd like to help I'm afraid I can't man - I have no clue lol. Sorry!

Jamesy_112

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
You're in Psych Units 3/4, VCE?
As much as I'd like to help I'm afraid I can't man - I have no clue lol. Sorry!

yehh haha,, no worries man, cheers

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »

I think it's still in the study design but it's in Unit 4 instead (which I haven't started so I won't be much help, sorry!)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:12 pm »

I think it's still in the study design but it's in Unit 4 instead (which I haven't started so I won't be much help, sorry!)
Oh yeah, that was presumptuous of me. I just remember seeing the adaption syndrome in the U3 2008/9/10 prac exam.

Jamesy_112

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »
haha yehh i thought it was still in the course