Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:11:54 am

Author Topic: Atar and disappointment  (Read 1227 times)

Biganonymous

• Fresh Poster
Atar and disappointment
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:42:53 am »
Hi everyone,

I just checked my atar and I fell flat at 60.10  :( pls don’t judge, actual constructive criticism is appreciated tho

I really want to be considered for bachelor of nursing at Monash but I just don’t think it’s possible. If it helps I’m eligible for Monash guaranteed and have seas that bump my atar to around 68 but even that’s still not enough :(
Is there a 0 chance that I’ll get an offer ??0
Pls help me I don’t know what to do !! I’m really scared and just want to get in :(

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
Re: Atar and disappointment
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:45:14 am »
Hey!

There's not zero chance please DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES to be not in order of what you' most like to be offered.

If you don't get directly into Monash you could always study a year somewhere else, get good grades in uni then apply for transfer.

Best of luck!

Biganonymous

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:48:17 am »
I contacted Monash through a chat and they said it’s unlikely if I don’t meet the minimum entry :( can someone pls clarify if the Monash guarantee includes your seas ?? Thank u

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 10:51:09 am »
I contacted Monash through a chat and they said it’s unlikely if I don’t meet the minimum entry :( can someone pls clarify if the Monash guarantee includes your seas ?? Thank u

Monash guarantee doesn't "stack" with SEAS :(

Yeah you don't have the best chance at direct entry but it isn't no chance so definitely still keep it as your top preference if it's what you want the most.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 12:26:39 pm »
Subject bonuses are available for Monash Nursing, which are usually stacked on top of SEAS. Hopefully that'll push you over the line. :)
Quote from: Monash Nursing on VTAC CourseSearch
A study score of 25 in Biology, Chemistry, Health And Human Development, any Mathematics, Physics or Psychology equals 2 aggregate points per study. A study score of 30 in any Mathematics equals 6 aggregate points per study. Overall maximum of 6 points.

I agree with Bri, leave Nursing at Monash as Preference #1 and add something you'd be comfortable with (factoring in your ATAR and interests, career interests or otherwise) and transfer later if possible. This will mean that you'll be offered something and will still have a shot at nursing regardless (with COVID and other factors in play, the lowest selection rank may fall).

If not, leave another nursing degree at another uni (with a lower rank for entry) as a lower preference and transfer. Nursing is an accredited course, meaning that it'll be similar no matter where you go.

P.S. With the amount of adversity you've had to go through this year on top of personal challenges and being in Year 12, 60.10 is still a wonderful achievement and will still get you into a good variety of courses.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread