Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:21:55 pm

Author Topic: How did you find Atar Notes?  (Read 15168 times)  Share 

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: How did you find Atar Notes?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »
+9
My sister told me about it.  ;)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2018, 08:44:44 pm »
+9
What led you to the forums? :)
I think it was one of the newsletters which had a link to the english question thread, and I did have some questions so I asked and got a quick, helpful response :) So then I was looking at other threads and tried to answer some questions as well, and here we are  ;D
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2018, 10:09:39 pm »
+11
I can’t remember why I made my account - I think it might have been to download an attachment or stalk someone’s profile - something that I couldn’t do without one.

I know I definitely hung around in the shadows for ages before I started posting because I remember being way more familiar with everything than I should have been given my post count.

I started posting in the games threads and explored the other areas of the forums whilst I was waiting for people to reply (and whilst I was procrastinating).

That was when I found a question I knew the answer to - and so I answered it.

Now here we are, not much has changed except my post count haha (but damn some of my original posts are super cringey :-[ and they show how little I knew about VCE, even halfway through year 11 after having already finished one year 12 subject)

Then I didn’t think much of it until I noticed @poet was using it ALOT. I was originally using AN as a way of communicating with poet
I can’t help but find it incredibly funny that you decided to use a private messaging feature on a random website to communicate with someone you know IRL.

My sister told me about it.  ;)
Is she on the forums!? WHO IS SHE
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2018, 10:22:43 pm »
+11
I think I first stumbled across this site when I moved to Melbourne (year 8.) to find out what the heck VCE was (I've only heard of HSC before).

I actually had an account way back then - made a couple of post - then completely forgot my username and password lol.

I "rediscovered" AN in year 10 and lurked around account-less for a solid 2 years before finally making one this year.
Best decision ever, as now I can procrastinate while telling myself what I'm doing is still technically academic related ;D

EDIT - somehow (year 8.) without a full stop behind it automatically gets converted to 8) lollllll
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2018, 10:24:46 pm »
+8
I can’t help but find it incredibly funny that you decided to use a private messaging feature on a random website to communicate with someone you know IRL.

Well it was either AN or school emails. And our school monitors our emails.

And Poet showed me her motivation thread so I was coming here to find out how she was going anyways. So it just made sense to message her here.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2018, 10:31:30 pm »
+8
Best decision ever, as now I can procrastinate while telling myself what I'm doing is still technically academic related ;D
I’m pretty sure this is most of the reason I started posting a lot towards the end of last year haha

And Poet showed me her motivation thread so I was coming here to find out how she was going anyways. So it just made sense to message her here.
Makes sense - I figured it was something like that, it still made me laugh when I realised you guys knew each other though.

Lol I thought I was the only one!

AN Private Messaging doesn't cost me phone credit ;D
@J41 New marketing idea? (Comes with the added bonus of looking educational if your teacher catches you sending msgs in class )
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

turinturambar

• Forum Obsessive
  • TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2018, 11:07:22 pm »
+10
My sister told me it was a great community, so I put on my (mythical) sociology hat and started studying it.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2018, 11:16:22 pm »
+12
Got a notification about the HeadStart lectures on Facebook as an 'event near you' about a year ago. Signed up for all my subject lectures and after the first lecture I bought all my subject notes and on the train made an account. Later that week I started my HSC journey journal. :)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2018, 09:20:56 am »
+7
Just noticed that y'all are talking about me lol

Techno's said it! I have zero social media, nor do I have my own phone haha. This is kind of the only way I can communicate with anyone outside of verbal face-to-face stuff, without constant surveillance from school or family or something. :/

And Techno wanted to converse and I'm awful at said 'verbal communication', so naturally AN became the all-new Messenger 2.0 ;)

Thanks, brenden. Pls make a quick chat <3
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2018, 12:18:27 pm »
+7
Is she on the forums!? WHO IS SHE

Yes, and you'll likely never know. :D
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2018, 12:46:21 pm »
+8
I found an ATAR Notes advertisement on Instagram on Head Start Lectures in October and made an account but I didn't start using it after the lectures.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2019, 09:07:22 am »
+13
Just found this thread and wanted to share my story on how I found ATARNOTES. I was coincidentally in the city on the day the first Headstart lectures for 2017 were on and I stumbled upon one of the UTS buildings on my way. There were a bunch of signs and posters everywhere and I just remember hearing who I would later learn to be Jamon screaming something about lectures from the inside. I was curious about what was going on so I looked up the event and ended up signing up for the Modern lecture with Susie and filling up one of the last spaces in Elyse’s Advanced lecture. Didn’t expect such a random encounter and a moment of curiosity to lead me to here but I’m very glad it did  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2019, 09:57:48 am »
+10
Just found this thread and wanted to share my story on how I found ATARNOTES. I was coincidentally in the city on the day the first Headstart lectures for 2017 were on and I stumbled upon one of the UTS buildings on my way. There were a bunch of signs and posters everywhere and I just remember hearing who I would later learn to be Jamon screaming something about lectures from the inside. I was curious about what was going on so I looked up the event and ended up signing up for the Modern lecture with Susie and filling up one of the last spaces in Elyse’s Advanced lecture. Didn’t expect such a random encounter and a moment of curiosity to lead me to here but I’m very glad it did  ;D

Amazing story!! One of our most amazing contributors is only here because I kill my throat every lecture series ;)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2019, 06:32:40 pm »
+3
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

aspiringantelope

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2019, 07:19:47 pm »
+8
Found ATAR Notes from my brother! (Who has now moved on to university and doesn't use AN anymore) :[