Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 06:19:40 am

Author Topic: Any chance of a Scholarship?  (Read 6753 times)  Share 

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Any chance of a Scholarship?
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »
I have gotten an ATAR of 99.30, I was wondering if there is any chance of a scholarship at for commerce at melbourne uni?
No SEAS, simply a merit scholarship.

I saw some guy here who got a scholarship at Monash with an ATAR of 97. something, so i'm guessing it would be easier to get a scholarship into Monash?

slammy

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Any chance of a Scholarship?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »
I think all merit scholarships are Melb Uni require an ATAR of 99.90+ (which i think is insane :P)
But if you went to monash you might get a merit one :)
2010: Mathematical Methods CAS [45]; Chinese Second Language [39]
2011: English [43] ; German [40] ; Chemistry [47] ; Psychology [41] ; MUEP Chemistry [5.5]

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »
Most people below 98 that get scholarships at Monash are Merit and Equity.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »
I have gotten an ATAR of 99.30, I was wondering if there is any chance of a scholarship at for commerce at melbourne uni?

I saw some guy here who got a scholarship at Monash with an ATAR of 97. something, so i'm guessing it would be easier to get a scholarship into Monash?

unfortunately it would be pretty unlikely, the lowest ATAR that got a commerce scholarship last year without equity was 99.80

fat_profits

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 04:02:21 pm »

unfortunately it would be pretty unlikely, the lowest ATAR that got a commerce scholarship last year without equity was 99.80
What about the Melbourne National Equity Scholarship if your only SEAS category is under-represented school? It's pretty much the same scholarship so how much difference would being under-represented school make?

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • Respect: +631
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:07 pm »
Most people below 98 that get scholarships at Monash are Merit and Equity.
That would probably be me. "Excellence and Equity" scholarhsip at Monash with 97.75.
At Monash it is 95+ for Merit and Equity,

From the Melbourne website
achieve an ATAR or equivalent of 99.9 or above (or be an indigenous student with an ATAR of 90.0 or above); and
http://cms.unimelb.edu.au/studentservices/scholarships/ugrad/future/national
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 10:56:17 pm »
+1

What about the Melbourne National Equity Scholarship if your only SEAS category is under-represented school? It's pretty much the same scholarship so how much difference would being under-represented school make?

i can't really comment on the uni-wide scholarships having no experience with them, but i would think 99+ with a seas category would give you a decent chance.... don't hold me to my word though!

achieve an ATAR or equivalent of 99.9 or above (or be an indigenous student with an ATAR of 90.0 or above); and

that's only for the uni-wide national scholarship, most faculties offer additional scholarships but you still need to get reasonably high, e.g. for biomed there were only 5 biomed scolarships given out, commerce had 15 given out (but now that might alter because of the whole chancellors scholars program)

fat_profits

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 12:56:55 am »

i can't really comment on the uni-wide scholarships having no experience with them, but i would think 99+ with a seas category would give you a decent chance.... don't hold me to my word though!

that's only for the uni-wide national scholarship, most faculties offer additional scholarships but you still need to get reasonably high, e.g. for biomed there were only 5 biomed scolarships given out, commerce had 15 given out (but now that might alter because of the whole chancellors scholars program)
Do all the scholarships come out on the first day? I.e. Whatever you got emailed today. Or are there more that are given before Wednesday (final day for change of preference)?
Thanks

ttn

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »
Do all the scholarships come out on the first day? I.e. Whatever you got emailed today. Or are there more that are given before Wednesday (final day for change of preference)?
Thanks

Anyone know answer to this? I got an offer from Monash but want one from RMIT.
2010: IT: Applications [43]
2011: English [34], Methods [42], Spesh [38], Chemistry [32], Physics [46]

ATAR: 97.45

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +35
  • School: Sebastopol Secondary College
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 05:07:18 pm »
Thanks

I think the scholarships being offered now are just the bigger ones, and the rest will be offered when uni offers come out. I'm only assuming though..
2010/11: Further Math|Accounting|BusMan|Englang|Economics|Physics [90.65]
2012-2014: Commerce @ Deakin

ttn

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »
Thanks

I think the scholarships being offered now are just the bigger ones, and the rest will be offered when uni offers come out. I'm only assuming though..

Hope you're right, Monash is just simply too far for me.

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +35
  • School: Sebastopol Secondary College
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:05:04 pm »
Thanks

Well with Deakin, if I log onto the applicant portal there is only 1 scholarship that has been offered (the one I got) whereas the other ~10 are still 'processing' so I guess that the majority of scholarship will be offered along with uni offers in Jan.
2010/11: Further Math|Accounting|BusMan|Englang|Economics|Physics [90.65]
2012-2014: Commerce @ Deakin

ttn

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »
Thanks

Well with Deakin, if I log onto the applicant portal there is only 1 scholarship that has been offered (the one I got) whereas the other ~10 are still 'processing' so I guess that the majority of scholarship will be offered along with uni offers in Jan.

Can anyone confirm?

ttn

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »
Well I just emailed RMIT the other day and they said they hand out their scholarships mid feb.