Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 06:50:19 am

Author Topic: Discovery is not my friend, HELP  (Read 2812 times)  Share 

chuckiecheese

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Trinity Catholic College Lismore
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Discovery is not my friend, HELP
« on: March 05, 2016, 03:58:34 pm »
So Half-Yearly's are a week out.

And applying discovery to The Tempest is still baffling me. Im trying to link it to the Tell Tale Heart.

Any ideas?

Cheers

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Discovery is not my friend, HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 04:20:59 pm »
So Half-Yearly's are a week out.

And applying discovery to The Tempest is still baffling me. Im trying to link it to the Tell Tale Heart.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hey! I wish I could help you out more. I wish I had studied your texts! I'm slowly gaining a grip on the Tempest. For now though, have a look at the essay marking page here for AOS: Free AOS essay Marking!
There are a few different Tempest essays to have a look at that might direct you a bit in how to deal with discovery in relation to the text. Hopefully it gives you a bit of help to get you started :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Hasti

• Adventurer
  • GradReady
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 04:25:17 pm »
Hi there!

Great choice for your related text! I think there are some connections you could make to discovery - perhaps the discovery aspect of your essay could relate to renewed perceptions. Miranda in Tempest has renewed perceptions about her family history in Act 1, which lead her to discover that her world was not as she thought (there is a disconnect between reality and perception). Similarly in Tell Tale Heart, you could draw the same connection by saying how the narrator thinks the old man is dead, but this is of course, made very ambiguous (there is a disconnect between reality and perception). I suppose you could also connect the two through the themes of murder, and how the plotting of a murder can lead to discoveries about oneself and their mental psyche. Anything that connects to renewed perceptions would work in your favour, rather than making actual discoveries.

Good luck! :)
Hasti

Tutor of Advanced English (95)

ccarolineb

• Adventurer
  • School: Holy Spirit College Lakemba
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:04:47 pm »
boredofstudies.org definitely has some great notes for discovery/the tempest! ive been saved countless times by those notes