Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:15:12 pm

Author Topic: Anyone from the western suburbs going to Monash?  (Read 8782 times)  Share 

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
Re: Anyone from the western suburbs going to Monash?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 07:01:43 pm »
I don't understand that logic really mate haha cant you just invest in an umbrella?

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

byr0003

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 05:26:16 pm »
haha. the topic of this reminded me of a lecture I had for ENG1030 - Electrical Systems....
If anyone can be bothered, go onto the online lecture system at.. http://www.mulo.monash.edu.au/
and go to the lecture from Monday 14 March and listen from about 47:30 to 50:30
Then you'll all see how it relates to this post :P

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:03 pm »
Lol we can't, we're not Monash students

:)

JinXi

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +90
  • School: Camberwell High School
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 08:25:01 pm »
haha. the topic of this reminded me of a lecture I had for ENG1030 - Electrical Systems....
If anyone can be bothered, go onto the online lecture system at.. http://www.mulo.monash.edu.au/
and go to the lecture from Monday 14 March and listen from about 47:30 to 50:30
Then you'll all see how it relates to this post :P

lolll he draws epic toilets...
Monash B.Aero Eng/Sci Discontinued in Sem2 2012 [2011-2015]

"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job… because, he will find an easy way to do it." ~ Bill Gates
^ SNORLAX, I chooosee You!!!

Leena

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • God gives and forgives, man gets and forgets.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2011, 04:23:55 pm »
i would have gone to vu just for the distance, but i didnt like their arts course...so i chose caulfield monash, i didnt get into melbourne cos my atar wasnt high enough...but it depends how badly you want to get into that course.

it takes me about 2 hours to get there, from the western suburbs, but i like it. and you can totally be productive on the train. like for me, its not like the same as when you're in a car for that long and you can get car sick...i do do like my readings and stuff like that on the train, so its not too bad.

and i dont have a scholarship either, its just the course i am doing, i really do think it's worth it.
Bachelor of Arts at Monash.

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2011, 04:32:23 pm »
+1
I have some friends from Melbourne who visit Monash on a regular basis, and they have confirmed that the girls and guys are hotter at Monash. Hence it is worth the travel.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2011, 09:11:53 pm »
i would have gone to vu just for the distance, but i didnt like their arts course...so i chose caulfield monash, i didnt get into melbourne cos my atar wasnt high enough...but it depends how badly you want to get into that course.
You also live in the west?

All my friends who went to highschool and other highschools around here could of easily went to VU if we all cared about just distance haha but almost everyone didn't go to VU. The only people who went to VU were people who i reckon don't belong at uni anyway (they did nothing at school and complained how they hated work and wanted out..so they sign up for uni..? fail logic).

I also do a lot of my work on the train (haha usually if its due that day and i havent done it).

If you really hate the distance and find out you can't hack it, try it out for a semester then switch to Melbourne if you don't like it.

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 10:31:37 am »
I think I've been asking the wrong questions!

Does anyone REGRET choosing Monash based solely on the distance alone?

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:22 am »
Man, I am so friggin ready for uni.. I'm over VCE already..

Muuru

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

Well, honestly, it's still a pretty silly question... What other viable options are there?

The only two closer options are Victoria and Melbourne Universities. Nearly everybody rules out Victoria University for obvious reasons, and if you rule out, can't get into or simply don't want to go to Melbourne, Monash is the next best option. Deakin (Burwood) and La Trobe (Bundoora) take roughly the same amount of time to get to as Monash (Clayton) if you live in the west.

I live in the west too but I'm really starting to get irritated with people who complain about the distance. Every year we get different people whining and moaning about it constantly. If you think living in the west is bad, one of my closest friends lives in Albury-Wodonga and goes to Monash (Clayton) twice a week... I've never heard him complain once about the distance.

If distance is such a big deal, go to Melbourne/VU, move to the east, or shut up. :|
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:18:47 pm by Muuru »

BA Monash, MTeach Melb., GradCertEd Melb.

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2011, 09:06:38 pm »
I'll shut up then

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

Well, honestly, it's still a pretty silly question... What other viable options are there?

The only two closer options are Victoria and Melbourne Universities. Nearly everybody rules out Victoria University for obvious reasons, and if you rule out, can't get into or simply don't want to go to Melbourne, Monash is the next best option. Deakin (Burwood) and La Trobe (Bundoora) take roughly the same amount of time to get to as Monash (Clayton) if you live in the west.

I live in the west too but I'm really starting to get irritated with people who complain about the distance. Every year we get different people whining and moaning about it constantly. If you think living in the west is bad, one of my closest friends lives in Albury-Wodonga and goes to Monash (Clayton) twice a week... I've never heard him complain once about the distance.

If distance is such a big deal, go to Melbourne/VU, move to the east, or shut up. :|

He wasn't complaining; he was asking for our opinion.

While we may not complain in daily life about the burdens of traveling so far, we've given our honest opinions in this thread so Chromeo can properly evaluate his options. So how about you shut up instead, k? If you don't like this thread, then just stay out of it... there was no need for you to be rude.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:50 am »
Naw, he was just playin
No love lost :)

But yeah honestly since some people are coming from further away and aren't complaining, I really have no right to argue over distance. Whatevs trevs..