Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 09:39:29 pm

Author Topic: Transferring courses  (Read 1635 times)  Share 

Alps

Transferring courses
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:36:16 am »
Hi, would it be possible to transfer from BArts to BCom at Melb Uni? If so when can i do it, do i have to make up for lost time? Such as start BachelorofCom from the start? I havent done methods ._.

sjayne

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
Re: Transferring courses
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 01:48:09 pm »
You can transfer either at the end of the year or midyear (but midyear is harder) and the application is through VTAC so you need to check the dates. You should be able to get some sort of credit transfer but I'd go and see a course advisor or someone who could tell you exactly what would count. The maths thing could be a problem though

https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/applications/other-applications/transferring-course

https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/admission_with_credit
2015   BSc: psych at unimelb

uoiea

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »
+1
Hi, would it be possible to transfer from BArts to BCom at Melb Uni? If so when can i do it, do i have to make up for lost time? Such as start BachelorofCom from the start? I havent done methods ._.

Do as many commerce subjects as you can in your arts first year, as well as introduction to maths, as it covers the methods prerequisite to commerce - note that it's not a credited subject in commerce though.

Commerce takes a max of 37.5 points of level 1 breadth, so no more than 3 non-commerce subjects will be credited (assuming you only do level 1 subjects in 1st yr). You can circumvent this by doing level 2 subjects in second semester - you can't do level 2 subjects in first semester though.

Midyear transfer into commerce is quite competitive. I think midyear needs 75-80%+ average.

14: VCE
15-17: in a coma
18: BCom

Alps

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 03:18:35 pm »
Do as many commerce subjects as you can in your arts first year, as well as introduction to maths, as it covers the methods prerequisite to commerce - note that it's not a credited subject in commerce though.

Commerce takes a max of 37.5 points of level 1 breadth, so no more than 3 non-commerce subjects will be credited (assuming you only do level 1 subjects in 1st yr). You can circumvent this by doing level 2 subjects in second semester - you can't do level 2 subjects in first semester though.

Midyear transfer into commerce is quite competitive. I think midyear needs 75-80%+ average.

Is there any post or thread that  exaplains (ELI5) breath subjects/electives/points? I dont understand much.