Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:42:17 pm

Author Topic: Marking & Stuff  (Read 1340 times)  Share 

Anonymous_

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Marking & Stuff
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:10:40 pm »
Hi there.

I was wondering if you guys have Mods which mark essays and such privately (i.e. I can PM them my essay). I don't need any marking at the moment (other than the English thread I posted which elysepopplewell replied to) so this is mainly for a reference in the future in case I need marking for my prelim and HSC years.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Marking & Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:24:20 pm »
Hey! Unfortunately our moderators can't mark essays privately,  we can only mark in the designated marking threads

Anonymous_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »
Hey! Unfortunately our moderators can't mark essays privately,  we can only mark in the designated marking threads

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to make a thread private to only Moderators to prevent plagiarism?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:28 pm »
+1

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to make a thread private to only Moderators to prevent plagiarism?

That would sort of be the same as a PM I think, aha

The essays being viewable is part of the point of the marking, for many reasons. The biggest is that we want the feedback threads to act as a resource in their own right, kind of like those books with sample responses you buy from NESA, but for free! Besides this there are other logistical reasons we do it too - But we never have issues with plagiarism, no issues I'm aware of in 1.5 years of marking

Anonymous_

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:13:38 pm »
That would sort of be the same as a PM I think, aha

The essays being viewable is part of the point of the marking, for many reasons. The biggest is that we want the feedback threads to act as a resource in their own right, kind of like those books with sample responses you buy from NESA, but for free! Besides this there are other logistical reasons we do it too - But we never have issues with plagiarism, no issues I'm aware of in 1.5 years of marking

I see, thanks.