Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 03:08:13 am

Author Topic: IP staging (performance)  (Read 983 times)  Share 

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
IP staging (performance)
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »
Could someone please tell me, how does one effectivley stage a peice, and later rehearse it, when there is no space to work with on a regular basis?
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: IP staging (performance)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:35 pm »
Could someone please tell me, how does one effectivley stage a peice, and later rehearse it, when there is no space to work with on a regular basis?
Heya! Definitely not the ideal situation to be in, however it's something that A LOT of students will be dealing with (music students used to always steal the drama theatre for their own rehearsals all the time last year :( ). There's not really much advice I can offer I'm afraid, other than to a) find either a similar space (so another stage), or b) just practice in an open space (eg. outside) where you can mark off stage areas. Last year my group had to practice outside probably more often than we practiced on the stage - we used tape to mark off the stage size (we worked out the exact measurements), and placed all our props in the exact position that they would be if we were in the drama theatre :) Even if you don't have regular access to the stage space you will be performing in, make sure that you at least know the layout/acoustics/technological capabilities back to front (i'd even take some pictures of the space for reference!)

Hope this helps! Good luck :D

Susie
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:27:54 pm »
Also, what should be going in my rationale? I have a bunch of ideas to talk about but don't know what infomation the markers need other than my concept.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:47 pm »
Also, what should be going in my rationale? I have a bunch of ideas to talk about but don't know what infomation the markers need other than my concept.
What I included in my rationale (keep in mind mine was a film and not a monologue) was my overall concept, the dramatic meaning of my piece, and how I wished to convey that to my audience. I linked the social issues that the film was dealing with as well throughout my response, and how I utilised the elements of drama (and in your case, the elements of theatre!) to convey my message!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!