Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 03, 2024, 01:59:38 pm

Author Topic: GP Ideas  (Read 8589 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: GP Ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 11:38:14 pm »
...........dead set?
literally got a job at Kmart just to fund it. Happy with the finished product though :) (shameless promo 8) disney hire me)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:43:21 pm by sudodds »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 11:47:34 pm »
+1
literally got a job at Kmart just to fund it. Happy with the finished product though :) (shameless promo 8) disney hire me)
I'm actually absurdly impressed. Worth every penny.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 11:52:43 pm »
I'm actually absurdly impressed. Worth every penny.
hahaha there's so much looking back on it now over a year later that I wish I could change - but hey got 95 for it so who cares 8) (seriously disney - hire me)

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:47 pm »
hahaha there's so much looking back on it now over a year later that I wish I could change - but hey got 95 for it so who cares 8) (seriously disney - hire me)
Like what, for example?

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 12:02:38 am »
+1
Like what, for example?
Whole opening sequence - the freeze frames look tacky imo (was a bit of a spur of the moment decision to try and make the beginning more interesting/demonstrate a bit more technical proficiency but not sure if that really translates) + really needed a better camera for the final shot hahaha so grainy. A few of the cuts appear unnatural (a lot of that is due to the fact that I had to cut out a significant chunk - the full version was close to 15 mins haha) and I wish I'd spent longer on the saturation draining. But yeah overall I'm super proud of it - was the biggest project I'd ever done, nonetheless virtually on my own (though my teacher was incredible).

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 12:04:15 am »
Whole opening sequence - the freeze frames look tacky imo (was a bit of a spur of the moment decision to try and make the beginning more interesting/demonstrate a bit more technical proficiency but not sure if that really translates) + really needed a better camera for the final shot hahaha so grainy. A few of the cuts appear unnatural (a lot of that is due to the fact that I had to cut out a significant chunk - the full version was close to 15 mins haha) and I wish I'd spent longer on the saturation draining. But yeah overall I'm super proud of it - was the biggest project I'd ever done, nonetheless virtually on my own (though my teacher was incredible).
Would love to see the 15 minute version if you have it haha

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 12:18:59 am »
Would love to see the 15 minute version if you have it haha
nope unfortunately! I really should have saved it, but once I started cutting that was that :(

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 08:49:56 am »
hiya guys!
Also on the topic of GP ideas, our performance is centered around the concept of first times and I was wondering if any one had interesting ideas of what we could explore. We have about 5 minutes down pat but we we're looking for whacky stuff. Like first experience with taxes/job interview. We also wanted to do a scene where we open our ATAR's but we haven't gotten to that part of year 12 yet hahaha. Does anyone have any interesting stories about how they opened it? Sorry to be random but we're kinda stuck on where to head from here. Thanks again!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:59 am »
+1
hiya guys!
Also on the topic of GP ideas, our performance is centered around the concept of first times and I was wondering if any one had interesting ideas of what we could explore. We have about 5 minutes down pat but we we're looking for whacky stuff. Like first experience with taxes/job interview. We also wanted to do a scene where we open our ATAR's but we haven't gotten to that part of year 12 yet hahaha. Does anyone have any interesting stories about how they opened it? Sorry to be random but we're kinda stuck on where to head from here. Thanks again!
Hey Maria!
Hmmm well when I opened mine, it was about 30 mins before they were meant to be released (my friend messaged me to tell me they were already live haha) and the page just wouldn't freakin' load! When it did, it was still so early so when I told my mum I accidentally said I got 79 and I was just so confused when I saw the look on her face hahaha (not that 79 is a bad ATAR mind, just I needed 87 to get into my course). Then you have to go tell the group chat which was quite funny! My friend who was worried she wasn't going to scrape an 80 ended up getting 91!

I think the page not loading thing is definitely a universal experience, that could be quite funny on stage haha. Other first times? Having a crush, fight with a friend, drinking alcohol, going to a party, going to school, wearing makeup (and completely failing at it), going to uni, etc. etc. :) However, as I said in regards to the last question - don't be too ambitious. Don't try and just list a tonne of experiences theatrically, make sure that they all add to the greater dramatic meaning at hand :)

Hope this helps!

Susie

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
+1
Hey Maria!
Hmmm well when I opened mine, it was about 30 mins before they were meant to be released (my friend messaged me to tell me they were already live haha) and the page just wouldn't freakin' load! When it did, it was still so early so when I told my mum I accidentally said I got 79 and I was just so confused when I saw the look on her face hahaha (not that 79 is a bad ATAR mind, just I needed 87 to get into my course). Then you have to go tell the group chat which was quite funny! My friend who was worried she wasn't going to scrape an 80 ended up getting 91!

I think the page not loading thing is definitely a universal experience, that could be quite funny on stage haha. Other first times? Having a crush, fight with a friend, drinking alcohol, going to a party, going to school, wearing makeup (and completely failing at it), going to uni, etc. etc. :) However, as I said in regards to the last question - don't be too ambitious. Don't try and just list a tonne of experiences theatrically, make sure that they all add to the greater dramatic meaning at hand :)

Hope this helps!

Susie

yes it does, thanks so much susie! I'm already so nervous about opening it, I think I will actually implode. but yes we'll definitely consider the awesome suggestions! Thank you!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 11:05:12 am »
yes it does, thanks so much susie! I'm already so nervous about opening it, I think I will actually implode. but yes we'll definitely consider the awesome suggestions! Thank you!
No worries! Haha to be honest the experience is quite anti-climactic! Like you build it up in your head, then you see the number and its just like "okay I guess that's done then." (though I guess if you were short of the mark you needed then this wouldn't be the case). Good luck with you GP! Keep us posted :)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 11:47:17 am »
I love your concept! I wish my group could do it but we have a 2:2 girls to boys ratio. Anyways, I think that you could possibly explore how women are portrayed in theatre and films maybe? As it ties in with the subject it could be done quite well. I once read a graphic novel where a girl was playing Ophelia in a show but here lines were all, "Oh no!", "Please", basically very 'damsel in distress' and stereotypical for the time. But eventually she stormed out and went ok whatever I'm doing my own thing, I'm writing my own play, and I'm awarding myself the lines that I deserve (and that do her character justice). OH and you could tie in some shakespeare maybe??? Each of the people in your GP could take on a different role (Lady Macbeth etc.) I think that would be interesting. Basically exploring feminism through history is what I'm trying to get at, and could be an interesting approach for you!  :) Hope I helped!
2018 HSC