Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 02:07:20 am

Author Topic: ill for exam  (Read 2166 times)  Share 

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
ill for exam
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:14:55 pm »
hello

Unfortunately I have caught the flu this morning and my exam is tomorrow for further math. I am feeling very sick. I am a year 11 so I have no other subjects. What do I do? I am scared if I throw up in the exam room as the supervisor has a process before letting a student go to the toilet. help :(

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: ill for exam
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:29:45 pm »
+5
Your school should have someone who is responsible for dealing with illness/injury during exam time. Call them and find out what they want you to do.

You'll need to attend the exam regardless, tell your invigilators that you're sick and feeling like you might throw up so that they're aware.
Also go see a doctor either today or tomorrow and get a medical certificate (check with your school if there's any specific requirements on what it should say). You may be able to get a derived score if you're sick enough - it'll only be used if your score on the exam is worse than what your derived score is.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: ill for exam
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 01:41:53 pm »
+6
Your school should have someone who is responsible for dealing with illness/injury during exam time. Call them and find out what they want you to do.

You'll need to attend the exam regardless, tell your invigilators that you're sick and feeling like you might throw up so that they're aware.
Also go see a doctor either today or tomorrow and get a medical certificate (check with your school if there's any specific requirements on what it should say). You may be able to get a derived score if you're sick enough - it'll only be used if your score on the exam is worse than what your derived score is.

Just want to really highlight that it's important that you've seen your doctor. If you're going to have your score changed because you've been unwell, you'll need proof that you've been unwell. A doctor legally can't backdate a medical certificate unless they saw you that day.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd