Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:53:05 pm

Author Topic: helpppp  (Read 635 times)  Share 

Rinn

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
helpppp
« on: June 29, 2018, 08:58:21 pm »
Hey anyone reading
Currently my school have just finished half yearlies and about to take trials in around a month and I've been feeling pretty demotivated about my results:
English: 82/100 rank: 44/162
maths: 76/100 rank: 63/106
maths ext 1: 34/50 rank: 71/88
Biology: 71/100 rank: 37/55
Chemistry: 63/100 rank:63/85
Music 2: 93/100 rank:5/10
My school is ranked around 20th. I've worked pretty hard especially for mathematics and the results are just really disappointing : ( I was wondering if it was still possible to achieve an atar of 95+ thanks! (please don't sugarcoat any responses)

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: helpppp
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:22:43 pm »
+6
Hey, Rinn.

Definitely! Remember that you haven't sat your biggest exams yet, so anything is possible - you just have to start now. Worrying about your previous marks won't get you anywhere, but using your previous marks as a mental boost can definitely go a long way. Instead of feeling disheartened (which is totally okay!) about your marks, consider where you're losing marks and work to fix them each time you sit to study.

I always recommend making a diary or 'cheat sheet' with the most common exam mistakes - keep it regularly updated as well! This will be a guide for you so that when it comes to final exam revision, you'll have an already prepared list of the common types of mistakes that you make.

Each time you finish a topic, do a few HSC-style questions and note down any question you're getting wrong. Are you getting them wrong because of silly errors? Write that in your diary. Are you getting them wrong because you're not familiar with the question? Take note of the types of questions in a book or record it somewhere you can find. Are you getting them wrong because you don't know how to do it? Revise.

In summary, don't worry about your previous marks; you can't do anything about it! Look forward. Trials is coming up; that will be the biggest decider. Nothing's out of your hands yet. Unless you make it so.
Learn to maximise studying efficiency. Rather than studying for hours on end, selectively study. Once you've mastered a concept, move onto harder questions.
Don't panic! There are plenty of opportunities to catch up.

Hopefully, you've found it relieving. You can find some relevant information here:
From Failing Half Yearlies to Achieving a 90+ ATAR
How does Scaling work?

If you have any questions, feel free to message me or post a reply down below.

Good luck! :)