Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 10:19:32 am

Author Topic: Commerce/Law 08  (Read 2063 times)  Share 

beauty

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Commerce/Law 08
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:12:51 pm »
Hey Everyone, good luck with your University offers, hopefully all will obtain the offer they had dreamed.

My question is: If I do get into Commerce/Law @ Deakin, Will I be able to just choose Law units from the Law degree and none from the Commerce. I am just a little hessitant choosing commerce subjects as the law degree already has a comerical focus. I don't want to be overloaded with 'busines' type subjects.... I know a girl on Board of Studies, anyone remember "Nobody Listened" - she did Law/Science and Did all Science units and NO law ones as she had discovered that science was the path to her new found career...
anyone have any advice, or know of this idea?
thanks!

Odette

Re: Commerce/Law 08
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:42:13 pm »
Um I'm not 100% sure about this but wouldn't there be compulsory subjects for each? So you might end up having to do commerce related subjects as well as law... Don't take my word for it though, I know I have to take both teaching and arts subjects for my teaching degree that ill hopefully get into ...

Good luck though :)

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:05:32 pm »
She would've transferred into straight science; she wouldn't have gotten a law degree when she'd never studied any law subjects.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

brendan

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 04:49:55 pm »
teaching and arts subjects for my teaching degree that ill hopefully get into ...

ooh teaching - remember you are going to be this 30%

Odette

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:09 pm »
Yep ok Brendan I'll keep that in mind lol