Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:50:28 pm

Author Topic: AFL: FA/Preseason Draft/Trade talk.  (Read 11291 times)

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: AFL Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 11:56:17 pm »
Best scenario for Collingwood: 1 point to win, Cloke has the ball form 50 out, he kicks it out of bounds on the full, Collingwood loses. Next day, he has a press conference to announce him defecting to Carlton with Mick Malthouse as the coach :D \o/

That would actually be the best.
Be better if he was closer to goal.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »
+1
I hope so too, can't stand another Collingwood (good they lost btw) or Hawthorn premiership, hope they can get their first one either this year or sometime soon :)

Although, Sydney and the Hawks look pretty amazing atm :/

SYDNEY <3
The contest against Adelaide was pretty intense though Matthew Scarlett retiring tonight.. he didn't have a great game but a sad end to a decorated career and Pavlich is an absolute gun.

Pretty sure you won't be seeing collingwood advance further then next week, they have been some of the most inconsistent players this year. This is coming from a collingwood supporter.
I don't think so. If you win your game next week against either WCE or NM then you'll play us which you guys will win since you're our bogey team :'(
The game will be at Olympic Park too, and Collingwood haven't lost there in yonks.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:54 am »
I hope so too, can't stand another Collingwood (good they lost btw) or Hawthorn premiership, hope they can get their first one either this year or sometime soon :)

Although, Sydney and the Hawks look pretty amazing atm :/

SYDNEY <3
The contest against Adelaide was pretty intense though Matthew Scarlett retiring tonight.. he didn't have a great game but a sad end to a decorated career and Pavlich is an absolute gun.

Pretty sure you won't be seeing collingwood advance further then next week, they have been some of the most inconsistent players this year. This is coming from a collingwood supporter.
I don't think so. If you win your game next week against either WCE or NM then you'll play us which you guys will win since you're our bogey team :'(
The game will be at Olympic Park too, and Collingwood haven't lost there in yonks.

Oh but we were close to losing this year. I went to that game and I thought we were finished.
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:17 pm »
+2
I went to the Coll Ess game and thought straight away that Cloke has made up his mind after taking his first grab, just had the confidence to go for it with both hands. I reckon he has agreed to terms with Collingwood but football is a weird thing anything can happen... Really hope Carlton don't get him, but probably the most likely...
Out of all teams I'd like to see Sydney win the flag, of course behind Collingwood ;) But I think Freo are a good outside chance, beat Ade this week then they may be able to bring it against the hawks. Collingwood should beat either of WCE/NM at the G, but this is finals and crazy things happen.
Collingwood's key backs and forwards are finding some touch now, Jolly in good touch, only the effectiveness and both offensive and defensive run and play of the midfielders that are letting the team down now. Hoping the mids can flick the switch next week. Pendles has been poor, Swan productive but not as damaging as he can be, Beams was ineffective, Sidebottom ineffective, Thomas no where to be seen, Wellingham has been ok. Absence of Luke Ball is really showing now :( Honestly, it's our midfield that has been letting us down in the past month before that it was probably our forwards.
I still have faith, but like others it is slowly dissipating.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 02:55:51 pm »
^ our midfield has been terrible.

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +35
  • School: Sebastopol Secondary College
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 01:38:54 pm »
+1
http://www.news.com.au/national/port-adelaide-football-star-dies-in-incident-at-flamingo-hotel-in-las-vegas/story-fndo4cq1-1226470914423

PORT Adelaide has confirmed that it believes one of its players has died in an incident in Las Vegas.

At this point, the club is unable to confirm the identity of the player involved in this tragedy as family members are still being informed.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:40:48 pm by Hodgeyhodgey »
2010/11: Further Math|Accounting|BusMan|Englang|Economics|Physics [90.65]
2012-2014: Commerce @ Deakin

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »
+2
^Really sad story :'(

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 02:49:35 pm »
Terrible news :(

Disgusting that rumours a certain player was involved have spread so quickly. Even a page dedicated on facebook and edits to their wiki page.

yellowsone31

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Retro glamour. Old Hollywood. The fame.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »
^ our midfield has been terrible.

hell yeah the midfield have been pathetic

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 05:35:43 pm »
+2
http://www.news.com.au/national/port-adelaide-football-star-dies-in-incident-at-flamingo-hotel-in-las-vegas/story-fndo4cq1-1226470914423

PORT Adelaide has confirmed that it believes one of its players has died in an incident in Las Vegas.

At this point, the club is unable to confirm the identity of the player involved in this tragedy as family members are still being informed.

John McCarthy. Really hit home when I read who it was, saw him play during the times he was at collingwood. R.I.P Buddy. Too young.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:42:40 pm by El2012 »

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
+2
:( Very sad news. Tragic really, making a name for himself at Port in his first season there, playing some good footy too!
Fucking disgusting to see media publicly name the player/person in such an incident, give the family and person some bloody respect. They deserve to know before the general public, they are humans too. Absolute filth. There is no such thing as common courtesy in the media is there?....
RIP JMac will be greatly missed by both Port Adelaide and Collingwood :'(

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 12:46:50 am »
On another note, I hear Malthouse will be confirmed tomorrow morning.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:41 am »
+4
MM announced as Carlton coach. Could potentially be disaster for Carlton, hear me out. It is probable that MM will sack a few of the remaining assistant coaches all of who are still contracted. They'll have a complete turnover in senior coaches/staff whilst paying out those that have been sacked while contracted. He better have a better game plan in mind, rather than the 'press'. We'll see at the end of next season!

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »
Pav wasn't in the All Australian team? He didn't even get an invite to the event? dafuq?

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »
+1
Hoping Jobe can win the Brownlow :D

(although I doubt he will :( )