Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:33:38 pm

Author Topic: Is it too late? Am I screwed?  (Read 2623 times)  Share 

pmmenotes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Is it too late? Am I screwed?
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »
Hey guys so my goal this year was to get a 83 atar so I could do science/arts at Monash. However my grades have been utter crap so far and I've fallen into a bit of depression about it, now i want to know if I even have a chance of getting a 80 atar or start looking at other unis and accept my fate. These are my marks below, I go to a decent public school, our cohort is above average according to our teachers/principal but not the best school in the world. Don't know my rankings as they wont tell us but pretty sure based on what I've heard on how people have done on their sacs, Im definitly at the bottom for chemistry, Bio not to bad of a ranking my second SAC bought me up, english probably people who have done worse then me, Legal I think im pretty up there some people got 50s-60s on a SAC I got 80s on further im below the average was like 80%. 

English
57%
70%

Legal
78%
85%
86%

Chem
66%
Not released yet
Not released yet (but found EXTREMELY CHALLENGING)

Bio
58%
80%

Further
73%

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
Re: Is it too late? Am I screwed?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 02:28:10 pm »
+4
Of course you can still achieve your goal. Unit 3 SACs are worth about 20 to 25% of your study score and I'm assuming that you haven't finished all your unit 3 SACs, so probably less than 20% of your study score has been finalised. This definitely leaves lots of room for improvement. You still have all of unit 4 and the exam. Also note that SACs are based on ranking, so your percentages don't matter. Only your rank matters. So, it's definitely possible to turn this all around provided you study hard and efficiently.

pmmenotes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:38:12 pm »
Of course you can still achieve your goal. Unit 3 SACs are worth about 20 to 25% of your study score and I'm assuming that you haven't finished all your unit 3 SACs, so probably less than 20% of your study score has been finalised. This definitely leaves lots of room for improvement. You still have all of unit 4 and the exam. Also note that SACs are based on ranking, so your percentages don't matter. Only your rank matters. So, it's definitely possible to turn this all around provided you study hard and efficiently.

Thanks so much zhen :)

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:42:55 pm »
+2
yeah 83 is definitely still do-able. ive seen people come back from worse scores and get mid-high 80's, so dont give up!

just one thing to keep in mind - its easy to say "tomorrow im gonna turn it around and get 100% in everything" but to see big changes in scores, you need to make big changes in effort and study habits. on paper it is definitely still possible for you to get 83, but none of us can know if its possible for you to mentally step up to the plate and start smashing your sacs and the exam. this is something only you know.

but your goals are still achievable, so dont give up!