Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:12:55 am

Author Topic: Technology is annoying  (Read 4861 times)  Share 

Rasika

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Technology is annoying
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 07:32:49 pm »
Oh my god, technology is annoying... but it is so slow that it makes me infruriated !! hahahha

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 09:16:27 pm »
+4
Every time I use \(\LaTeX\) and I type ] or ) instead of }...

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 06:48:05 pm »
Facebook never used to be so laggy. What on earth happened.

JeffChiang

• Forum Regular
  • TAFE=employment+money UNI=broke AF
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
Facebook never used to be so laggy. What on earth happened.

I feel like Facebook was always laggy. They've just been cramming it with anything and everything so they can get as much data as they like. Adding reacts, whole bunch of new settings, fb history, messenger... It's bound to be extremely laggy. All the time, it takes at least 5 seconds to click on an image :(
Procrastination is a never ending revolution that will always end in procrastination

B A C K  B E F O R E  Y R 1 2

un-helpful advice

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 09:43:17 pm »
+5
Quote from: JeffChiang
Adding reacts, whole bunch of new settings, fb history, messenger... It's bound to be extremely laggy. All the time, it takes at least 5 seconds to click on an image :(
There are ways to combat this especially on the phone.

I use Messenger Lite, which is a barebones version of the full blown Messenger app. Doesn't include all that junk such as Rooms etc. and is only a few MB in size. Works the exact same in terms of notifications etc. Look up Messenger Lite in the App Store. Should be there

Also a Lite version of Facebook for Android: https://www.facebook.com/lite/ (although I think this is for certain devices only)

I do agree though - especially on the PC. I view a page and always get a warning that scripts are slowing my pages down. Says alot really :)

Speaking of facebook - i've always found it interesting that you can change the settings in regards to friend requests (e.g. who can friend request you and who can't), but there is no similar option for Messaging. Like.. personally, I don't want random people messaging me.. so i'd love an option to get rid of the message button altogether from my timeline from those who aren't my "friends"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:59:42 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

JeffChiang

• Forum Regular
  • TAFE=employment+money UNI=broke AF
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 09:55:40 pm »
There are ways to combat this especially on the phone.

I use Messenger Lite, which is a barebones version of the full blown Messenger app. Doesn't include all that junk such as Rooms etc. and is only a few MB in size. Works the exact same in terms of notifications etc.

Also a Lite version of Facebook for Android: https://www.facebook.com/lite/

I do agree though - especially on the PC. I view a page and always get a warning that scripts are slowing my pages down. Says alot really :)

Speaking of facebook - i've always found it interesting that you can change the settings in regards to friend requests (e.g. who can friend request you and who can't), but there is no similar option for Messaging. Like.. personally, I don't want random people messaging me.. so i'd love an option to get rid of the message button altogether from my timeline from those who aren't my "friends"

Ha, that's pretty sweet. Thanks Aaron!
I also find the same issues with you, a lot of the functions on messenger are completely seperate to the normal facebook. It's really stupid how there are hidden tools that can't be found easily like choosing who can send friend requests.
Procrastination is a never ending revolution that will always end in procrastination

B A C K  B E F O R E  Y R 1 2

un-helpful advice

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 11:15:07 am »
+1
My laptop refused to behave and open Chrome- froze the whole system up for half an hour. Not loving it rn.
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
+1
It's more annoying to me in the sense everyone's so drawn to it. Eating out with my friends, they're usually just on Clash or Snap instead of talking. It's bizarre..
Heavy Things :(

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 01:33:04 pm »
+1

I feel like Facebook was always laggy. They've just been cramming it with anything and everything so they can get as much data as they like. Adding reacts, whole bunch of new settings, fb history, messenger... It's bound to be extremely laggy. All the time, it takes at least 5 seconds to click on an image :(
That was never a problem for me
It's more annoying to me in the sense everyone's so drawn to it. Eating out with my friends, they're usually just on Clash or Snap instead of talking. It's bizarre..
Because I don't know what to talk about IRL at times.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 01:36:03 pm »
+1
Honestly, not something I experience. It could be because due to different lifestyles, I don't get to hang out with my group of mates nearly as much as we used to, so when we do get together, we're all focusing on whatever we're doing
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 02:22:55 pm »
Forgetting a bracket when coding is honestly the worst thing that always happens to programmers. Smh...

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »
+2
This.

You can tell which people do it, as they are usually very fidgety without it.  Some are also very uncomfortable with eye contact.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »
+1
I feel like forgetting a ; in C is just as painful as forgetting a } in LaTeX...

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:54 pm »
+2
When you make an infinite loop.

Hilarious, but a bloody pain