Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:12:27 am

Author Topic: trials essay word count?  (Read 3325 times)  Share 

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
trials essay word count?
« on: August 18, 2020, 09:31:02 pm »
Hi guys,
I'm wondering how many pages or words to write for each section of the history ext trials. I've written a draft for my elective "Origins of Christianity" (Q: assess history as inert or malleable) which is over 2000 words but my teacher keeps telling me to add more points to it :(((
In the actual exam,(section 2) how many points should I be covering and in how much detail?
For section 1, how many historians should I discuss?
Thanks!

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
Re: trials essay word count?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 05:10:14 pm »
+3
Hi guys,
I'm wondering how many pages or words to write for each section of the history ext trials. I've written a draft for my elective "Origins of Christianity" (Q: assess history as inert or malleable) which is over 2000 words but my teacher keeps telling me to add more points to it :(((
In the actual exam,(section 2) how many points should I be covering and in how much detail?
For section 1, how many historians should I discuss?
Thanks!

Oh gosh, 2000 words is a lot. But if you are able to write that many in an hour, go for it. I would write at most 1500 words for each essay. For S2, I guess it depends on how many debates you decide to include. Most questions specify at least one area of debate, and my trials question only required one (we had only studied one anyways so I focused on that one). I like to have a context/background paragraph right after my introduction, and as for the amount of points, it depends on your case study. For my JFK case study, there are four schools of thought so I wrote a paragraph for each one.

For S1, it depends on the question and how you choose to answer it. You can have multiple historians for one argument/point. :)
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension