Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:38:47 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 383249 times)  Share 

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1590 on: September 03, 2019, 07:57:40 am »
I already made careful decisions of what subjects I'll be doing (like spesh, physics and stuff, doing uni-extension in year12, and synchrotron, astrophysics and materials engineering for electives), the scientific projects I’ll be doing with classmates, and the ways of transportation getting there.
Now I don’t get in even our school didn’t reach the 3% rule. I have no achievements prior to I got here for a short time, plus the school don’t let my class (which is a normal IB class) go for competitions, they let SELP people do it.
Damn it I have to stop daydreaming!
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

Nightmare II

• Adventurer
« Reply #1591 on: September 03, 2019, 08:01:33 am »
Yeet I made it,very nice. Guess either my test went well or my interview went well, probably the interview though

redcenternt

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1592 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:18 am »
Anyone get in when you are doing the interview via skype? Basically you aren't in Melbourne, and have to move to go  to JMSS.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1593 on: September 03, 2019, 10:42:42 am »
Anyone got in without sending their achievements, certificates and stuff to the officials? I’m trying to figure out how I have failed. I heard a guy from SELP got in from our school. He don’t even prepare much for the interview like me, he just told me to smile.
I don’t know why but this is the first year of my life that I failed both of admission test and missed lots of opportunities.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:45:48 am by SynX »

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1594 on: September 03, 2019, 11:48:25 am »
Anyone got in without sending their achievements, certificates and stuff to the officials? I’m trying to figure out how I have failed. I heard a guy from SELP got in from our school. He don’t even prepare much for the interview like me, he just told me to smile.
I don’t know why but this is the first year of my life that I failed both of admission test and missed lots of opportunities.
Don't give up all hope you still have a chance to get a second-round offer. Although I feel sorry for you because I was wanting to meet you in person, by the way, when was your interview?

psid16

• Adventurer
« Reply #1595 on: September 03, 2019, 12:17:08 pm »
Anyone get in when you are doing the interview via skype? Basically you aren't in Melbourne, and have to move to go  to JMSS.
well i didnt get in but i had a skype int. and if had gotten in i woulda has to move

Suma

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1596 on: September 03, 2019, 12:50:29 pm »
Hi,
Does any one know who has got an offer in the second round in the previous years?

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1597 on: September 03, 2019, 01:30:45 pm »
Don't give up all hope you still have a chance to get a second-round offer. Although I feel sorry for you because I was wanting to meet you in person, by the way, when was your interview?
Don’t give up? Whatever I do now it won’t do anything because now it’s all luck. Sending emails ? I think that won’t help either. Even there are people rejecting their offer they will give it to the guys been suppressed by the 3% rule from a competitive school. (Since the second round ignores it.) I might suit in but I’m not qualified enough just yet.
There is nothing to be sorry about. I’m just one of the 650 guys that don’t make it in, most of them don’t even pass the test. And this is not the judgement day, VCE is still years ahead and I still have chance.

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1598 on: September 03, 2019, 05:59:27 pm »
Don’t give up? Whatever I do now it won’t do anything because now it’s all luck. Sending emails ? I think that won’t help either. Even there are people rejecting their offer they will give it to the guys been suppressed by the 3% rule from a competitive school. (Since the second round ignores it.) I might suit in but I’m not qualified enough just yet.
There is nothing to be sorry about. I’m just one of the 650 guys that don’t make it in, most of them don’t even pass the test. And this is not the judgement day, VCE is still years ahead and I still have chance.
That's very true and if you are trying next year, good luck!!!

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1599 on: September 03, 2019, 06:12:38 pm »
rip i didnt get in either. good job on all those that did tho, and good luck at your new school!

Tommy_01

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1600 on: September 03, 2019, 06:17:35 pm »
What are the chances for second round and when can we expect one?

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #1601 on: September 03, 2019, 06:39:31 pm »
What are the chances for second round and when can we expect one?

there are ridculously slim chances of getting a second round offer, only if one of 200 kids decline :/ im hoping for a second round offer too but i dont think it's worth waiting rip.
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1602 on: September 03, 2019, 07:04:14 pm »
Can anyone who did the test please help me with the methods entry exam for John Monash Science School? (Though I don't even know if I will be doing it cos my parents think that I will struggle for VCE Methods next year  ::) [still i might though  ??? lmao  ;D ;D]

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1603 on: September 03, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »
there are ridculously slim chances of getting a second round offer, only if one of 200 kids decline :/ im hoping for a second round offer too but i dont think it's worth waiting rip.
I heard people getting into macros and, nossal, MHS rejected their JMSS offers. Still, it was a pretty science or maths focused school, not everyone like it (but we do). It has a chance more than you expected.

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #1604 on: September 04, 2019, 07:31:51 am »
I heard people getting into macros and, nossal, MHS rejected their JMSS offers. Still, it was a pretty science or maths focused school, not everyone like it (but we do). It has a chance more than you expected.

ooo really? So is there like any ‘waiting list email’ or not and second round offers are released on the 9th correct? I honestly keep wondering what I could’ve improved on to get in because personally I felt like I did pretty well and I had a lot of achievements so  :-\
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry