Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:32:50 pm

Author Topic: Interstate school transfer  (Read 817 times)  Share 

evan01

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Interstate school transfer
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:25:48 pm »
Hi forum,

To those who have had personal experiences transferring to different schools in different states, or have knowledge of the similarities and differences in state curriculum's, I ask whether transferring to another school in another state for year 12 would affect the student's progress and learning in any way (an example being different state curriculums in Units 1 and 2 that cause the student to not have prior knowledge of topics in Units 3 and 4).

Thanks,

Evan

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Interstate school transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 12:38:58 am »
Sorry as I personally have not done this but I do have some thoughts if you are interested. Moving for year 12 is a big step, you will most likely loose the bonds you have made in your old environment and many of the people in year 12 have already found there more permanent friend group. Not to say u won't have any friends but it may be quite isolating. Also their are many different systems so really you would have to look at it yourself by comparing what you did for year 11 to what they plan to do in year 12.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Interstate school transfer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 08:52:46 am »
Hey,

Which states and subjects?
This will impact the level of overlap