Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 04:14:40 pm

Author Topic: Can I get a 95+ ATAR with these subjects?  (Read 2282 times)

honeststudy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I get a 95+ ATAR with these subjects?
« on: August 20, 2017, 10:23:41 pm »
I'm new here, so if this is in the wrong place let me know. :)

I'm in Yr 12 with only a few months to go unitl my (WACE) exams. I'm applying for uni's at the moment.
I know this is probably asked a lot, but can I do well with my subjects? I'm not sure whether it's worth applying for a 95 ATAR course if I'm unlikely to get it. I'm pretty sure most of my subjects are scaled down considerably.

I'm doing:
Literature
Maths Apps
Drama
Psychology
Modern History

I'm on between a 75-88 for them all. If I really pull my weight over the next few months, is a 95 possible? My school won't give us our predicted ATARs so I've got no idea what I'm even heading for!

Year twelve, just trying to get through the year with minimal stress

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can I get a 95+ ATAR with these subjects?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »
+3
Hey honeststudy! Welcome to the forums ;D we have a WACE section you can post any other questions in, but no stress! You're new, New User's Lounge sounds like a perfect spot to start to me ;)

I don't think anyone here would know a HEAP about WACE subjects, since we're mostly from Victoria and NSW right now, but we have an ATAR calculator you could use for an estimate? :)

honeststudy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56:03 pm »
Hey honeststudy! Welcome to the forums ;D we have a WACE section you can post any other questions in, but no stress! You're new, New User's Lounge sounds like a perfect spot to start to me ;)

I don't think anyone here would know a HEAP about WACE subjects, since we're mostly from Victoria and NSW right now, but we have an ATAR calculator you could use for an estimate? :)
Hi, sorry it was in the wrong place!

Okay, I'll bear that in mind and check out the ATAR calculator now :)

Thank you!
Year twelve, just trying to get through the year with minimal stress

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 10:57:23 pm »
Hi, sorry it was in the wrong place!

Okay, I'll bear that in mind and check out the ATAR calculator now :)

Thank you!

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help - And no stress! Glad to have you around, let us know if we can help in any way :)

EdwinLovelace

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 01:49:25 am »

That's great.I will try with this later.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:53 am »
+5
I will say though, to the WACE people - there's so much help here for you before your exams, because the VCE and WACE curriculums are very much the same - and for the bits that are different, there are people here who've done it all in uni anyway.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

ilovemycat

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »
+1
absolutely - the atar is calculated in such a way that you are not discriminated by which subjects you pick or which school you go to. subjects only "scale" well since the students taking a difficult subject are more likely to be doing other difficult subjects.

s