Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:55:05 pm

Author Topic: How hard is it to get Study Score 35 in VCE English?  (Read 2417 times)

chicken78

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How hard is it to get Study Score 35 in VCE English?
« on: September 17, 2017, 07:54:56 pm »
+1
I am in Year 10 this year. i have chosen subjects for VCE that i am good at so i am confident i can do well in all of them except for English. I have to do English because it is compulsory, my school doesn't offer English Language, i don't wanna do Literature because apparently it is harder than Mainstream English and im not eligible for EAL English. Therefore i am stuck in Mainstream English in year 11 and 12.
My goal is to get a study score of atleast 35 in all my subjects and im more than confident that i can do this for every subject except for English.
I can only write mediocre essays and i only receive B grades or C grades on my essays. I do try it's just that im more of a Maths person so i can learn Maths Topics quickly and do well on the tests since im naturally fast at learning maths, however i cannot get good grades in year 10 English no matter how much i study because i am just slow at English and cannot think of intelligent things to write on my essays. Have you guys got some tips on how i can improve before i start VCE next year?

exit

• Forum Obsessive
  • COALESCE
  • Respect: +38
Re: How hard is it to get Study Score 35 in VCE English?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:35:13 pm »
+6
You'll be fine for sure. Your B and C grades do not mean anything in year 10 since you barely write any (if at all) essays. Even in year 11, you will not write many practice essays before your SACs,  Your ideas will come out quicker and better as you write more and more. Many people need to realise that English is similar to Maths in that the more you do, the better you become as long as you do not do it blindly. Remember that everyone has to do English so if you feel that you are not great, you are going to compete against people who are even worse and can not drop the subject because it is compulsory.

Hope this helped and good luck for your VCE!
VCE [ATAR: 99.25]: Physics 1/2, English 1/2, EngLang,Methods, Spesh, Accounting, Chem, German

2018-2021: Bachelor Of Commerce @ University of Melbourne
VCE English Language: A+ Short Answer Guide[pm for extra guidance!]