Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:57:37 am

Author Topic: VCE SCHOOL  (Read 1473 times)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
VCE SCHOOL
« on: September 03, 2019, 08:46:26 pm »
+1
Hi guys, I would like to ask if I can enrol part time at a private school for some subjects while studying the other subjects at my current school. Does VCE work that way?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Re: VCE SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 08:46:53 pm »
PLEASE REPLY, I NEED AN ANSWER SO BADLY.

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 10:22:13 pm »
Hi guys, I would like to ask if I can enrol part time at a private school for some subjects while studying the other subjects at my current school. Does VCE work that way?

I am no expert but I was in a similar situation last year and my teacher suggested that I can do the subject alone and can be ranked within a nearby school's cohort for that subject's sac scores etc. Its called a 'partnership.'

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 11:02:59 pm »
+1
I am no expert but I was in a similar situation last year and my teacher suggested that I can do the subject alone and can be ranked within a nearby school's cohort for that subject's sac scores etc. Its called a 'partnership.'
Thank you, I might try to do that. I kinda don't like being at my current school and want to study part of my subjects elsewhere. Also what will the cost be like? Will I still be charged the full tuition fees?

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 12:36:10 am »
Thank you, I might try to do that. I kinda don't like being at my current school and want to study part of my subjects elsewhere. Also what will the cost be like? Will I still be charged the full tuition fees?

I'm unaware of the costs as I didn't end up doing it, but I am sure it won't be the full fee. Maybe consult with your careers teacher

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:58 am »
+1
This can definitely do done, but it does really depend on your school's policy and other practical considerations. Some people at my school do evening or weekend classes that count towards me VCE, and I was looking at doing a VCE class at a nearby school. In the end I decided not to because of the travel time and it clashing with my timetable, as well as the fact that my school's policy is that you must still do a full load at school.

Your careers teacher or VCE coordinator should know more about how things work at your school.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 08:48:45 am »
This can definitely do done, but it does really depend on your school's policy and other practical considerations. Some people at my school do evening or weekend classes that count towards me VCE, and I was looking at doing a VCE class at a nearby school. In the end I decided not to because of the travel time and it clashing with my timetable, as well as the fact that my school's policy is that you must still do a full load at school.

Your careers teacher or VCE coordinator should know more about how things work at your school.
Can I still do that if my school offers the subject that I want to do? I just want to try out different private schools.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 08:59:08 am »
I'm unaware of the costs as I didn't end up doing it, but I am sure it won't be the full fee. Maybe consult with your careers teacher
I just want to do that because, I kinda don't want to be at my current school full time for Vce. Tbh I am willing to do any subjects as long as I can move.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:06:38 am by Stormbreaker-X »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 04:20:52 pm »
Can I still do that if my school offers the subject that I want to do? I just want to try out different private schools.

I would assume not, but it would depend on the policy of your school.

The difficulty would be scheduling your classes at your school around the classes at the other school and having enough time to travel there. Do you know if the subjects you want to do are offered by the other school in a bulk session (which they run for students of other schools) or if you are hoping to just do them when they are timetabled?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 05:17:03 pm »
I would assume not, but it would depend on the policy of your school.

The difficulty would be scheduling your classes at your school around the classes at the other school and having enough time to travel there. Do you know if the subjects you want to do are offered by the other school in a bulk session (which they run for students of other schools) or if you are hoping to just do them when they are timetabled?
Very good point you are making, I did not check with my School nor any other school yet. Do you know University High School? I think they let students apply via specific curriculum category, meaning you will be there for a certain subject. But tbh idk

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 05:36:10 pm »
I'd encourage you to do your research and then chat to someone at your school, the sooner the better!

EllingtonFeint

• Trendsetter
  • Offering private tutoring ✨
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 05:39:25 pm »

Bendigo High School (I think) does an online kinda program thing. It's kinda like distance and you can study specific subjects like that?? It's called VVLN; maybe check that out??
Biology 🌱 [49] |  English [47]

Surviving and Succeeding in Biology:
https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=187145.msg1129188

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 09:46:26 pm »
Thank you for your replies, I would check it out ASAP.