Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:38:48 pm

Author Topic: Answering questions on the exam...  (Read 5683 times)  Share 

Odette

Answering questions on the exam...
« on: October 21, 2007, 03:03:53 pm »
Hello my fellow bus.man students :)
I was just wondering how you guys answer questions on the exam, just want to see if i use the correct formula lol
I just, define, explain, provide an example...
Oh and I was wondering when they ask for 2 KPIs to evaluate organisational performance, do you give one financial and non-financial KPI? My teacher said I should give two non-financial KPIs... but I dont know...

joshuamorgan

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:12:22 pm »
Well, I answer questions with the idea that I want to demonstrate my knowledge of the course to the examiner/teacher. Defining, explaining, and then providing an example, I think, is an excellent way of doing just that.

I would provide one financial and one non-financial, for the exact same reason above, so that the examiner knows that you are aware that Key Performance Indicators can be both financial and non-financial and that you were able to provide a relevant example.

Oh, and it's Biz Mgmt not Bus Man :P

Odette

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 03:15:04 pm »
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
Well, I answer questions with the idea that I want to demonstrate my knowledge of the course to the examiner/teacher. Defining, explaining, and then providing an example, I think, is an excellent way of doing just that.

I would provide one financial and one non-financial, for the exact same reason above, so that the examiner knows that you are aware that Key Performance Indicators can be both financial and non-financial and that you were able to provide a relevant example.

Oh, and it's Biz Mgmt not Bus Man :P

NO ITS NOT BIZ MGMT OK LOL!!

But i agree with everything else :)

joshuamorgan

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 03:37:29 pm »
There is probably more time than required for the Biz Mgmt (:P) exam too, allowing you to fine tune/mentally plan your answers, etc. to get full/close to full marks by appropriately defining, explaining, and providing an example.

Odette

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 03:40:05 pm »
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
There is probably more time than required for the Biz Mgmt (:P) exam too, allowing you to fine tune/mentally plan your answers, etc. to get full/close to full marks by appropriately defining, explaining, and providing an example.

Yeah i was able to finish the trial exam at school in about an hour and ten minutes, which then gave me time to elaborate on my answers, which made me finish the exam completely in about an hour and a half... i found most of my planning was done during reading time :) hehe

BUS.MAN =]

rustic_metal

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:33:08 pm »
I just say "business"..."bus. man" sounds wanky.

Odette

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 06:49:43 pm »
Quote from: "rustic_metal"
I just say "business"..."bus. man" sounds wanky.

:shock: That is so not true!!! I no longer speak to you lol ... kidding mate :P... where's Apple to back me up on this...ahhh!!

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:51:12 pm »
Your back up has arrived, Odette. Its Bus. Man, not Biz. Mgmt or whatever. Keep it simple Business. Management

Srsly. Its Bus. man.

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

Odette

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 06:33:48 am »
Quote from: "AppleXY"
Your back up has arrived, Odette. Its Bus. Man, not Biz. Mgmt or whatever. Keep it simple Business. Management

Srsly. Its Bus. man.

Yay thank you :)

KryptoN_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 04:51:34 pm »
Wow, one hour and ten minutes is insanely fast, lol. I have trouble finishing in 2 hours :(.
2007: Business Management (46), History: Revolutions (35)
2008: Chemistry, English, LOTE: French, Maths Methods

Odette

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 04:56:16 pm »
Quote from: "KryptoN_"
Wow, one hour and ten minutes is insanely fast, lol. I have trouble finishing in 2 hours :(.

It's ok dw, the more you study the easier it will be on the exam :)
In reading time you should be planning out your answers, believe me 15 mins for the bus man exam is more than enough reading time.
You don't have to finish the exam in the amount of time i did... i got like 96-97% for my trial exam, lost a few marks coz i read a question wrong... so dont rush like i did lol ...

KryptoN_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 07:25:53 pm »
Hehe, I tend to look at the case studies and questions and go "that's easy", then sit there for like 10 minutes. Then it comes writing time and it seems so much harder :(. Doesn't help that I'm not too fast at writing.

Odette

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 07:33:19 pm »
Hehe, I tend to look at the case studies and questions and go "that's easy", then sit there for like 10 minutes. Then it comes writing time and it seems so much harder :(. Doesn't help that I'm not too fast at writing.

Seems like someone needs to study, and do some practice exams :)

KryptoN_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:19 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

Na I don't think study's the problem ;). I got 98% in my trial exam so that was pretty good/lucky :P. Anyways I used all of my reading time and I finished with 38 minutes left! I just hope that this years exam is about as long as the 2005 exam.

Odette

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 09:16:01 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

Na I don't think study's the problem ;). I got 98% in my trial exam so that was pretty good/lucky :P. Anyways I used all of my reading time and I finished with 38 minutes left! I just hope that this years exam is about as long as the 2005 exam.

Well done well done =]
Yeah you can finish it quite quickly... but i guess you should try take your time and not rush it.... anyways good luck :D