Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:05:31 pm

Author Topic: BEST advice to get a study score above 40?  (Read 2241 times)  Share 

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
  • School Grad Year: 2013
BEST advice to get a study score above 40?
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:19 pm »
Hey all,
I'm in year 11 atm, and I'm doing Psych 3/4 this year.
This is the only 3/4 subject I'm doing this year, and I want to make the most of completely focusing on it so I can get the very best outcome.
Please, if anyone has any advice on how I can do really well and get a study score over 40 (aiming for 45+), LET ME KNOW!!!
I need to know things such as how early should I start doing practice exams? How many should I do? How should I be studying for this subject? What will I expect in the exam? And any other great and useful advice that helped any of you 40+'ers out there do so well...

2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

monkeywantsabanana

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • An eye for an eye will make us all blind.
  • Respect: +55
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: BEST advice to get a study score above 40?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »
It all depends .... but I started my practise exams 1 month before the exams. I started off doing one a day and close to the exams, I did 2 or even 3 a day. Because it's a new study design, you won't be able to find Mental Health (Unit 4) and other bits and pieces that VCAA has decided to chuck into the new course in Unit 3.

For Unit 3, I had heaps of exams to do. I did close to 30.
For Unit 4, I had only 14...

Make sure you're on top of your game for SACS and get as high up the ladder as possible...

Use this forum. Lots of people will help if you are having any trouble whatsoever. :)

Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Finance)

FlorianK

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 07:06:59 am »
+1
You wanted to get a score above 40 and got a freakin 47 congrats

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »
Haha thanks! Like I've said so many times already, It was a completely unexpected score! I was hoping at most to get a 42/43
But thanks anyway :D I guess a huge reason for it was the help of so many beautiful people on AN :D
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)