Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 01:00:58 am

Author Topic: Global Politics 2014  (Read 47628 times)  Share 

AmericanBeauty

Re: Global Politics 2014
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2014, 09:31:09 am »
That answer was awesome vermilliona.

Do you know if they can ask that question alongside like shaping national interests then there are five things like ethnic minority's and stuff. I suck I'll find question later

EDIT: The ‘national interest’ is often contested and views about national interest often depend on factors such as state formation, cultural and ethnic identity, ideology, historical links and relationships to foreign powers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:09:32 am by AmericanBeauty »

christianb

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: AC
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »
thankyou! @virmilliona also one last question... for unit4 2 outcome 2 do you think that it is highly likely they will give a question such as "Discuss the causes of one global crisis..." because the remaining 2 years have assess all possible such as proposed solutions and challenges to effeticve resolutions. don't you think its time for causes??

AmericanBeauty

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2014, 03:35:32 pm »
thankyou! @virmilliona also one last question... for unit4 2 outcome 2 do you think that it is highly likely they will give a question such as "Discuss the causes of one global crisis..." because the remaining 2 years have assess all possible such as proposed solutions and challenges to effeticve resolutions. don't you think its time for causes??

Nobody would know just prepare for it. Each cause is 3 marks when asked in an explain scenario.

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +135
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »
It's 15 marks per AoS so they could ask fkr proposed solutions or what not again.... Questions can be repeated
2015: Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Global Studies @ Monash University

Vermilliona

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »
Re: causes, I almost feel like that would be too predictable and they'd want to shake things up a little. At least by throwing an 'evaluate the causes' in there or something like that, compare and contrast the causes idk. But also I think they're trying to use key terms/the preambles a lot more - so last year they had that 'international cooperation' one, maybe they'll do something about justice and/or ethics and how it impacts the resolution of conflicts/how it acts as a cause?

Best to be prepared for the worst, so I'd make some essay plans for tougher prompts like that. Same with the questions for AOS 1, they could ask about how people power impacts on the global political arena, or how globalisation affects the work of non-state actors. Glopol at the moment is like a box of cheap aldi chocolates - you never know what weird bullshit you're going to get, because they're running out of ideas.
2012 - LOTE Ukrainian 50
2013- Global Politics 47
2014- English 47, French 47, Psychology 45, Revolutions 49 (99.90)

Offering tutoring in Global Politics, Psychology and History! PM or contact as per http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nunawading/language-tutoring/global-politics-vce-tutoring-melbourne/1065783700

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2014, 04:30:40 pm »
Re: causes, I almost feel like that would be too predictable and they'd want to shake things up a little. At least by throwing an 'evaluate the causes' in there or something like that, compare and contrast the causes idk. But also I think they're trying to use key terms/the preambles a lot more - so last year they had that 'international cooperation' one, maybe they'll do something about justice and/or ethics and how it impacts the resolution of conflicts/how it acts as a cause?

Best to be prepared for the worst, so I'd make some essay plans for tougher prompts like that. Same with the questions for AOS 1, they could ask about how people power impacts on the global political arena, or how globalisation affects the work of non-state actors. Glopol at the moment is like a box of cheap aldi chocolates - you never know what weird bullshit you're going to get, because they're running out of ideas.
Love it hahahaha

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2014, 10:09:00 pm »
"Briefly explain how the ICC has used its power and influence to achieve one of its aim."
Can we talk about how the ICC is actually limited in power against a sovereign state? Or this is question limited to 'how' its 'used' its 'power' in pursuit of its 'aims'?

AmericanBeauty

« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2014, 10:50:19 pm »
"Briefly explain how the ICC has used its power and influence to achieve one of its aim."
Can we talk about how the ICC is actually limited in power against a sovereign state? Or this is question limited to 'how' its 'used' its 'power' in pursuit of its 'aims'?
It isn't an evaluate question. You'd just bullshit on about structural adjustment programs and adjusting economic policies achieving their aims of like international monetary stability or some shit. Explain you have to agree.

AmericanBeauty

« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2014, 10:53:24 pm »
how globalisation affects the work of non-state actors.
If they make out huge questions with little terms I'm fucked.

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:07 pm »
It isn't an evaluate question. You'd just bullshit on about structural adjustment programs and adjusting economic policies achieving their aims of like international monetary stability or some shit. Explain you have to agree.
Yeah thought so haha

Vermilliona

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:01 am »

If they make out huge questions with little terms I'm fucked.

Just plan your response to questions like that now, you have heaps of time
2012 - LOTE Ukrainian 50
2013- Global Politics 47
2014- English 47, French 47, Psychology 45, Revolutions 49 (99.90)

Offering tutoring in Global Politics, Psychology and History! PM or contact as per http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nunawading/language-tutoring/global-politics-vce-tutoring-melbourne/1065783700

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:13 am »
Just plan your response to questions like that now, you have heaps of time
Any other predictions? :P

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2014, 02:17:45 pm »
"Outline two different interpretations of the national interest within one Asia-Pacific state that you have studied this year."
What even. Could someone please answer this in terms of Australia? Thank you.  :)

AmericanBeauty

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »
"Outline two different interpretations of the national interest within one Asia-Pacific state that you have studied this year."
What even. Could someone please answer this in terms of Australia? Thank you.  :)

This stumped me as well. I thought interpretations of national interests were just going like 'Peaceful Rise' for example, and talking about what they do to achieve this. But since reading Voldemorts and Achre response, I think you talk about what critics/commentators thoughts on national interests. But I've got no clue.

Reus

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2014, 02:45:24 pm »
This stumped me as well. I thought interpretations of national interests were just going like 'Peaceful Rise' for example, and talking about what they do to achieve this. But since reading Voldemorts and Achre response, I think you talk about what critics/commentators thoughts on national interests. But I've got no clue.
Would it be like China's view on Confucius Colleges (national interest - cultural power) and how critics view it as propaganda? Lol sucks how we studied Australia and I have an example for China and not Australia -.-