Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:20:33 am

Author Topic: To what extent? questions in paper 1 and 2  (Read 608 times)

denise119

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
To what extent? questions in paper 1 and 2
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:36:45 pm »
Hi so there were essay questions in both papers which asked for 'to what extent'. But I never wrote to what extent my texts agreed with the statement. In paper 1 I only wrote to what extent in the conclusion but in paper 2 for mod b I didn't mention extent at all throughout my whole essay and I just wrote the key words from the question in my thesis but I'm still extremely worried right now. What's the maximum number of marks I would lose from this?  :'( :'( :'(

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: To what extent? questions in paper 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:00:13 pm »
Hello!

With to what extent questions, as long as you're making an argument about the statement you should be fine. You don't explicitly have to write the word 'extent' in your essay. :-)

I can't tell you how many marks you'll lose, but as long as you know you made an argument about the question as a whole -- you'll be okay.

Don't reflect on what's just happened for too long and move on because you might be in for a great surprise come results day!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW