Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:01:07 am

Author Topic: Using spesh to solve methods questions... will i lose marks?  (Read 1025 times)  Share 

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Using spesh to solve methods questions... will i lose marks?
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:11:58 pm »
Hey all,
Hope everyone is getting ready for their exams! Would I be able to use spesh concepts and formulas to solve methods questions or would I be marked down?
For example:
- Second derivative
- dy Integration
- Trigonometric identities
- Arc length formula

Thank you :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Using spesh to solve methods questions... will i lose marks?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 02:45:41 pm »
+3
Hey all,
Hope everyone is getting ready for their exams! Would I be able to use spesh concepts and formulas to solve methods questions or would I be marked down?
For example:
- Second derivative
- dy Integration
- Trigonometric identities
- Arc length formula

Thank you :)
It is always much safer to use the methods techniques since often there are marks associated for your working out/method and not just for your answer.

You will get people posting about how their teacher is an assessor and they are ok with using spesh techniques but that may not be true for every single assessor.

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Using spesh to solve methods questions... will i lose marks?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 03:47:42 pm »
It is always much safer to use the methods techniques since often there are marks associated for your working out/method and not just for your answer.

You will get people posting about how their teacher is an assessor and they are ok with using spesh techniques but that may not be true for every single assessor.

Ah right that makes sense. Thanks heaps for the heads up!